Accordance Online notes

Pastor Jonathan

When using the online feature of Accordance (I know it is not ready yet, but just thinking ahead), there are two ways the notes can be saved. One is locally. 

This is good for when there is no internet. 

The other is on a server.

This is great so the notes can be accessed anywhere the net is accessed. 

Do we know if there has been a decision, or a leaning one way or the other? Or are we going to have a Cloud type system that allows us to have a hybrid of both? 

Thanks.  

Also just thinking ahead, I'm thinking local will be better just because some people have a ton of user files and the server would probably be overloaded swiftly.

My guess would be local copy plus synced with the cloud similar to Dropbox would be the way to go. That way notes work both offline, plus there’s an online backup if something catastrophic happens.

• Like 1

I see the benefit of both. I love the usefulness of the server, but the offline workability of local.

Well, we will see what they come up with. 

• Like 1

I wonder what complications Accordance have to overcome with Data Laws from other countries. At the least encryption, but where I work we have a host of other additional legal requirements for various types of information stored or during transit to the Cloud. I expect Accordance as a company facilitating management of customer data will need to conform to certain data and security standards and not only personal identifiable information.

Seems like a false choice to me. No reason they can’t be stored locally AND sync’d when/if online. This is actually a major issue to me as internet connection is unreliable where I am. This is part of a series of complaints I have about logos (and a host of other apps) now that nearly everything wants to be cloud-only. Even in my Mac, iPad, and iPhone I’ve had to deselect ‘optimize storage’ otherwise I won’t have access to what I need when I need 

• Like 1

Both would be preferable.

My pondering is relating to the notes format. A previous discussion identified Accordance developers looking for a new format to mitigate corruption issues. Adding encryption may be an interesting challenge that impacts their decision.

• Like 1