search finding words outside of search

Kristin

I have a so-called "soul" highlight which highlights some instances of נֶפֶשׁ. I did a search for the instances of נֶפֶשׁ which contained the style "soul" and I have 1337 hits. Yet I know the lex of נֶפֶשׁ only occurs 757 times, and not all of the instances of נֶפֶשׁ have this highlight, so the number should be less than 757.

As you can see in the picture, however, searching for נֶפֶשׁ with the highlight is also bringing up other random words (it is not just verbs) and elevating the number of hits.

Any ideas?

1121723566_Bildschirmfoto2022-09-30um11_38_56.thumb.png.170b6e47c118ce72af1db6e4856584f5.png

Thank you, @mbcvida, that seems to have fixed it. Does it make sense to you why the AND command was messing up the hints? I have never really understood the difference between @ and AND, but based on this, they are clearly not the same.

22 hours ago, Kristin said:

Thank you, @mbcvida, that seems to have fixed it. Does it make sense to you why the AND command was messing up the hints? I have never really understood the difference between @ and AND, but based on this, they are clearly not the same.

@ means the two search conditions have to be satisfied by the same word.

<AND> means the two search conditions have to be satisfied in the same verse (or clause or sentence, if you’re searching on one of those). They can be satisfied by two different words instead of the same word.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1