Accordance and the Dynamic Island

Robb B

Accordance on my iPhone 14 Pro Max is great except for one thing.... it only works with the Dynamic Island when you have all the menus etc. showing in Accordance. When you tap to make all of that recede, the DI disappears as well. I'd like to see the DI persist in Accordance (or at least an option be given to make it persist) no matter what the user does with the other menu items. Thanks for listening!

Oh, man. I was just thinking today that I love that DI disappears when you tap. When I have music playing and I'm trying to read a text, the last thing I want is waveform animations distracting me.

I can't even comprehend that. Lol. Maybe that's why we need an option whether to show/hide the DI.

At least we agree on one thing: Accordance on the 14 Pro Max is wonderful.

Why are you listening to music and reading a text at the same time? I could understand referencing a text while listening to a podcast or sermon or maybe white noise, but music?? 

I enjoy having music on during some reading of tools. Almost never while reading the Bible. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JonathanHuber said:

Why are you listening to music and reading a text at the same time? I could understand referencing a text while listening to a podcast or sermon or maybe white noise, but music?? 

I frequently play from my phone to a HomePod Mini or AirPods classical music (e.g., Arvo Pärt) or something instrumental (Apple Music Jazz Chill playlist). Frequently this is related to small house, loud kids, and the necessity of some type of sound barrier to drowned out their chaos-noise-machine-mouths. Other times, instrumental music is great just to set a comfortable mood for scripture reading. I would never want visual reminders of the music over top of my bible text, however.

Edited by Brian W. Davidson
  • Like 3

Many of us can relate. Besides classical, I listen to recordings of crickets, rain, storms, and crackling fires.

• Like 3

I can see this as a feature. When I'm presenting my iPad/iPhone to a group, I can ensure only the Bible appears and not whatever else the device wants to surface.

• 2 months later...

Is there anything you’d want the dynamic island to do using Accordance itself?