Freezing on opening

pdstewart

I got a new computer with windows 11. When I open accordance, it typically does a check for updates and then opens the program. Now, the program just opens/closes dozens of update check windows and will not open the program (I think this would go on infinitely and not stop). I typically need to end the program and then reopen. If I have an internet connection this seems to work. If I do not have any internet connection, it will always fail to open and go to the open/close update window.

Any suggestions?

When it does work, it will say, "Error processing online information. There may be a problem with the servers. Please try again later." Then I click "ok" and it opens a window that says, "Internet connection timed out - process cancelled." But then I can use the program.

• 3 weeks later...

Up,
I just downloaded accordance 13 on Windows 10 and I have the exact same issue

I am having the exact same problem on a new computer. I tried command prompt. I'm attaching a screenshot.

accordanceissue.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks. Your computer can reach Accordance servers then, so that’s not the issue. @Billy32792 Do you have any feedback on what could be causing this issue?

Okay, I have mine working....I think.

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, having trouble in several different ways. One time, the program did not show that my modules were installed after they were installed (for reference, I have Hebrew Pro, Greek Pro, Graphics Pro, plus some extras). Another time, it installed everything, but it dumped it all in one pile: gone were the sorted categories such as Hebrew Lexicons, Bible Commentaries, etc. Every time the computer timed out or went into sleep mode during install, the install messed up. The time I finally got it to load properly was when I loaded all of the modules together  while making certain the screen stayed active the entire time. I sat there for well over an hour with my finger on the touchpad to keep it going. I do not know if that had anything to do with it, but the modules loaded correctly, and the program opens correctly now.

This looks like what was reported not too long ago. The following forum page has some things to try.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having these issues. I've experienced two different problems in the past few weeks. The first is that about 100 update check windows opened. That problem isn't happening any longer, now I get the "Error processing online information. There may be a problem with the servers. Please try again later." message. This happens every time I open Accordance.

I contacted support and they had me uninstall Accordance and do a fresh install. This resolved the problem.... for about a week. Now it's back. This is really getting annoying.

Edited by kf4zmt

I just tried opening the program for the first time in about a week. I am right back to the original problem of opening a hundred update windows and requiring a force close.

Mine started doing this today.  Never had the problem before.  Used Accordance all day Sat with no issues.  Already did the reinstall thing with no good results. Don't have time to do that again.  I really need to have this resolved before tomorrow, as my sermon prep time will begin.

What should I do???

TIA,

Dave

Edited by calvary

• 5 months later...

Has a fix been identified?  I have the persistent "Error processing online information. There may be a problem with the servers. Please try again later." message. 

I used to have the infinite update popups which was resolved by disconnecting my VPN but the issue above does not change with the VPN connected or disconnected.  Thanks.

I disabled Windows Defender, turned off the Windows firewall and disabled the VPN and accordancebible.com pinged good but accordancefiles1.com timed out.  This is after reinstalling v13.4.2 from your site.

I still get this error message when I select Check for Content Updates from the menu.

image.png.93570a480b8a2ebfdb46f092aa539344.png

I can successfully check for App Updated from the menu.

Tr y clicking “ok” in this dialog box, then changing the tab in the check for updates box to Easy Install. Let that process finish and the return to content updates. Will it work then?

15 hours ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

Tr y clicking “ok” in this dialog box, then changing the tab in the check for updates box to Easy Install. Let that process finish and the return to content updates. Will it work then?

I've tried numerous things with no improvement.  Since uninstalling, when I try to reinstall content, Accordance either locks up and becomes nonresponsive, or the download stops and Accordance asks me to just install what was downloaded which is a fraction of what I asked to be installed.

I've disabled all security software and cannot ping accordancefiles1.com.  I also disabled router security and cannot ping accordancefiles1.com from my primary computer or another laptop.  I also tried pinging accordancefiles1.com using my phone connected to cellular data (which eliminates everything on my home network and computer) and that site is unreachable so I think the issue lies with accordancefiles1.com being down.

I’m sorry that didn’t work for you!  I hope they can get it sorted for you!

1 hour ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

I’m sorry that didn’t work for you!  I hope they can get it sorted for you!

Apprciate the help.  I wonder if upgrading to version 14 would fix this?

Maybe?  I had the error message you showed in 13 for Windows, but the trick I suggest took care of things for me.  (I had to do it each time I checked for content updates, but still...) I've not had that trouble with 14, at least not with the most recent update, but I don't use Accordance on Windows very much.

Since you are having wider trouble, one other thing you might try (if you haven't already) is downloading Accordance 13 from a different browser.  At one point there were sometimes issues with the browser not downloading properly.  Apologies if that was suggested above and you already tried it.  It's a longish thread and I just skimmed responses. 

You can try upgrading to 14, as 14.0.5 has improved connectivity with our servers. You might also want to reach out to Tech Support.