Preferences > User Notes Display crashes Accordance. Repeatable.

TXCiclista

Accordance 13.4.1 (Mac): Every time I try to access User Notes Display in Preferences, I get a spinning beach ball, then a crash. I was able to access it momentarily this moment before Accordance hung, then crashed. Now simply clicking it crashes. No other Preferences setting causes this behavior. When I launch in Safe Mode and temporarily disable User Notes, I am able to access the settings. Thoughts?

When I first started using Accordance several months ago I had a lot of crashes, this is not a unique experience for new users. To your situation, I have not directly experienced a crash in the preferences. If it helps, in my case I removed notes and/or libraries that I last accessed and was able to resolve my crashing issues. If I wanted that library module back I'd re-install it, but My Notes can be problematic and require recreating. Accordance is a file-based system and it appears files can become corrupt, especially during download if interrupted. The difficulty for you is to identify the last item you accessed prior to when the crashing started and to then consider that item as possibly being corrupted. Many of us perform file backups, and copies of our notes in another tool like Scrivener for this reason.

However, while this is typically the issue, it is not necessarily the root cause of your situation and you will need to contact support directly for assistance (they do not often respond to us in the forums).

Edited by cweber