Problem when I start Accordance v13, impossible to use the software

michelG

Hello,

Since few days, when I started Accordance, two windows per second opened, a "checking update" window followed immediately by a"easy update" window. These windows are opened in a continual loop.

This bug prevents me from using the program.

Please, help me to solve this problem.

Regards,

Michel

check for updates.jpg

easy install.jpg

Have you tried starting Accordance in 'Safe Mode'.  On a Mac you hold down option key when you start up acc. You may need to find out  the equivalent safe start up key for windows.  Once you have the dialogue box I would try clearing 'settings' and 'clean up' and 'remove start up session' and see if that clears the problem. 

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 16.24.17.png

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this issue this afternoon on my Windows 11 Surface.  I was not able to kill it with Task Manager; I had to shut down the notebook.

The issue was 100% repeatable and persisted across several reboots.

I was able to resolve the issue by redownloading (v 13.3.2 still?!) and reinstalling Accordance.

Following the reinstall and Accordance start, the issue was resolved (and I was immediately prompted to upgrade to 13.3.4, which I did without issue).

This issue was coincident with - but may not be related to - taking the Windows 11 22H2 update.

Edited by Jeff Arnold
typos and clarity
  • Like 1

I am getting the same thing on Windows 10. I run it on a Thik=nkServer with 32 gig of ram so it took a few minutes but it crashed me computer. This has happened twice and I lost work one time. 

• 1 month later...

I saw this issue again this morning on a new Microsoft Surface; again, the issue is coincident with taking the Windows 11 22H2 update.  I still haven't tested it, but I'm now very certain the two are related.

11 minutes ago, Jeff Arnold said:

I saw this issue again this morning on a new Microsoft Surface; again, the issue is coincident with taking the Windows 11 22H2 update.  I still haven't tested it, but I'm now very certain the two are related.

It does seem like the Windows update changed something that Accordance was relying on. I think I encountered the same bug with v.13 after a Windows update.

Were you able to resolve it with a fresh v.13 download or perhaps a safe-mode procedure?

I had the problem and did a total uninstall and clean of all the cruft it leaves behind. As a result, I have nothing of Accordance left. Then I reinstalled it and it took literally 3 days of errors downloading and redownloading with server errors. Finally finished today and still messed up with weird display of my workspace and more strange error messages. this was Accordance 13 not 14.