Accordance 14 Sneak Peek #2: Custom Phrasing

R. Mansfield

Coming in Accordance 14: CUSTOM PHRASING!

Insert line breaks and indentions into any biblical passage to analyze discourse and visualize the flow of thought. Show or hide your Custom Phrasing at any time.

Pre-order Accordance 14 NOW!

f7141d80-3a02-44cf-9795-49142eb1c8e0.png

• Like 5

Very impressive!  Will this also work in Hebrew OT, Greek LXX, and Greek NT?

• Like 4

Along with Eric, I’m interested to know if it will work with the original languages.

If not this will still be good for working with English text.

• Like 1

I'm over the moon about this. Phrasing is one of the primary ways I study the epistles. Well done!

• Like 2

It is getting harder and harder to be patient!!!

• Like 2

I absolutely love to use phrasing in my Bible study but have never had a software that made it easy! This feature is quite a welcome surprise! Awesome!

• Like 1

I can't imagine this wouldn't also work with OL texts. If it doesn't, what a total waste! Assuming that it does, this fall/winter is a difficult season of waiting for Mac bible geeks. New macOS, new iPadOS, new accordance version. I'm impatient! 

Seriously this can save a lot of headache for phrase diagramming and even discourse analysis. Now, if only I had 87 widescreen monitors on which to display the entire gospel of Matthew. . . . 

I'm fascinated that you can do it within each text AND TURN IT OFF on the fly! wow.  So you could have a NASB with no phrasing turned on but work inside an ESV and it's there every time you open it.  This is going to be fun.

14 hours ago, Eric J. Tully said:

Very impressive!  Will this also work in Hebrew OT, Greek LXX, and Greek NT?

Rick Mansfield has already confirmed on another social media platform that it will work with original languages.

• Like 3

Yes, phrasing will work with both original language texts and translations. 

• Like 18

Will we be able to copy as a citation with indents and phrasing?

• Like 3

Assuming this lives up to the normal Accordance expectation, this should be an outstanding feature. No more copy and paste into Word documents for phrasing, and as said earlier, switchable on the fly. This feature by itself motivated me to immediately purchase the pre-order.

Two exceptional features so far. Practical, useful features I’ll use every week for sermon prep and other studies. I like this direction. 

• Like 2

With what I’m seeing so far, I’m already convinced about completing the pre-order process. I’ve been an Accordance user for at least 18 years and can say this is the only company I can think of that continues to support what you already have on top of actually improving/enhancing a product.   

Thanks for continuing to share the updates with us…

Simply Happiness!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like this feature. Pre-ordered.

Where will the custom phrasing data be stored? Doing the phrasing can be very time consuming - just wondering which file we'll need to backup to preserve all our custom phrasing in v.14.

Edited by Lawrence
  • Like 1

I just wish I had this back when I took my Greek and Hebrew classes!

Ohhh myyyyy! A unique feature. Nice,  Accordance!

This is a very useful tool. I've used a similar took in another program and it really helps with outlining a passage for meaning and thought flow of the author. However, putting as a tool right in the passage as you have it open makes it more accessible than other programs that do something like it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 2:00 AM, Kristin said:

@R. Mansfield,

Do you happen to know if there is going to be one of those webinars going over changes with 14?

Sorry for the delay in replying, @Kristin. Yes, there will be. We will schedule it when we get closer to a release time.

• Like 6