Accordance Hebrew font hiding symbols?

A.D. Riddle

It was recently brought to my attention that the kaf sofit at the very end of Num 6:25 (וִֽיחֻנֶּֽךָּ) has a dagesh in it. I had not noticed it before, partly because the Accordance Hebrew font displays the qametz right on top of the dagesh, thereby obscuring it. The same thing happens in Gen 12:1 with אַרְאֶֽךָּ (also 2 Ki 3:14 and Zech 1:9).

Is there some setting for the Accordance font that will eliminate this overwriting of symbols? Or will this require changing the Accordance font to fix it?

A.D.

1855301146_DageshinSofit.thumb.jpeg.70bb6cd900353b1405bf17929fed7ec1.jpeg

Edited by A.D. Riddle
  • Like 1

I copied and pasted the word from Accordance's HMT into LibreOffice, and made it use the Accordance font. It looks perfect there.

vichunekka.jpg.01423ce9ee256fb9b4a98aaa947f056c.jpg

The dagesh is not hidden in the Android version, so the problem is with the desktop versions of Accordance. Note: I can't check iOS.

On 9/22/2022 at 9:25 PM, Jordan S said:

Thanks for the report.

I have reported similar problems (but in my case the zoom level influenced the problem)

You can solve this problem by importing your own Hebrew text and using a custom font:

image.png.490a72fb28544a9a6aa8d8aae14d89ab.png

• 1 year later...

@Nathan ParkerLook at this one, (my thread is linked above among others on the same topic),

Shalom!

Edited by Accordance Enthusiast