Holladay Hebrew Lexicon

Robb B

I would love to see A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament: Based upon the Lexical Work of Ludwig Koehler and Walter Baumgartner edited by William Holladay added to Accordance. It's a great resource for quickly looking up a word in HALOT without having to dig through all the detail that isn't always needed in the larger work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robb B said:

I would love to see A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament: Based upon the Lexical Work of Ludwig Koehler and Walter Baumgartner edited by William Holladay added to Accordance. It's a great resource for quickly looking up a word in HALOT without having to dig through all the detail that isn't always needed in the larger work.

I fully agree. Holliday's Lexicon has been available in electronic format for more than 10 years, and I've always wanted it on accordance.

On 9/18/2022 at 11:00 PM, Anonymous said:

I fully agree. Holliday's Lexicon has been available in electronic format for more than 10 years, and I've always wanted it on accordance.

Holladay's lexicon would appear to be a shoe-in for Accordance with its concise and mainly up-to-date definitions.

Accordance already offers the Concise Dictionary of Classical Hebrew (a simplified version of the multi-volume Dictionary of Classical Hebrew). How does that compare? Would it work for your needs?

https://accordancebible.com/product/concise-dictionary-of-classical-hebrew/

If there is no e-text of Holladay's lexicon, and we need to have the module, this might present a great opportunity to activate the much-ballyhooed Volunteer Module Trial-Program for E-Text Development (popularly pronounced VoMiTED).

A.D.

Edited by A.D. Riddle

They are both abridgments of larger works and similar in that respect. Holladay is based on HALOT, while CDCH is based on DCH, which covers quite a bit more material than just the Hebrew Bible. I have CDCH in Accordance, but I'd like to see Holladay beside it as well for similar reasons to why I enjoy having both BDB and BDB Abridged.