Something Basic Doesn’t Exist?

schneb

Please help me, this is driving me crazy. I do a search for a particular passage. I find the passage I want, then want to go to the book to see its full context. But, unlike BibleGateway, the reference is NOT a link, and it SHOULD be… or at least a preference in the “Text Display” to make them links.  So, simply put, if I search for “stone” and see that Mark 12:10 is the passage I want, I should be able to click on Mark 12:10 and it take me to that version in its full context… and, hopefully, in the same window. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way I can make this work?

• Like 1

I find it interesting that the text I just wrote links to the Mark passage, and when I click on it, it displays the passage, BUT, I have the option to “Show all text”. Why can’t my search results work that way. 🤔

Hi @schneb,

I agree completely that they should be hyperlinked. That stated, I have found a work-around. If you right click the verse, so in this case right click on Mk 12:10, "Search For" --> "Word" the program will open the verse in a new tab.

This works for all verses and you don't need to select the chapter (if you are in a passage and it is only showing verses). So for example, if you only selected the "10" of Mk 12:10 it will still work.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

• Like 1

The amount of context is controllable with a slider at the top. See attached screenshot. (The amount of context is set to 0 by default but you can change that in Preferences under Search Tabs.) If you're starting with no context and want to see more, just drag the slider over. There's also a keyboard shortcut (Cmd + /) that will toggle the slider back and forth between 0 context and all context. I use that a lot. 

1541688699_ScreenShot2022-09-18at6_41_31AM.thumb.png.1968c3c67477d54fc461efa6d99091cf.png

• Like 3

if you click on your selected verse and hit the 'context' icon in the toolbar it will open a separate window with the context of the particular verse - 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mbcvida said:

if you click on your selected verse and hit the 'context' icon in the toolbar it will open a separate window with the context of the particular verse - 

Whaaaat, a context icon (tool)?

Brilliant!!!

—Joseph, learning new things every day ;)

14 hours ago, JonathanHuber said:

The amount of context is controllable with a slider at the top. See attached screenshot. (The amount of context is set to 0 by default but you can change that in Preferences under Search Tabs.) If you're starting with no context and want to see more, just drag the slider over. There's also a keyboard shortcut (Cmd + /) that will toggle the slider back and forth between 0 context and all context. I use that a lot. 

That is a great shortcut!  Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Dan Langston