Accordance Technology Roadmap

cweber

There has been multiple discussions about file corruptions. This is not unusual for a file system. Personally, I have not worked on a file system for over a decade or more, although I admit they are more financially controllable (profitable) than micro-services.

These days, database solutions are advancing quickly and concepts becoming reality, ideas like neural networks; e.g. https://infranodus.com/

I have recently been working on database full-text-indexing, breaking sentences into words (tokens), with great success, speed and is scalable. I don't see these performance gains and related Artificial Intelligence (AI) software technology benefits being readily realised with a file-based system. This also applies to machine learning, the training of a model via datasets. There are vast resources available and improving in these areas, but they are focused on larger-scale database technologies.

My question is whether Accordance are resting on the success of the past twenty-five years, or do have a strategy to meet future technological advances. I have been informed there is a Bible based project by PHD students in Germany that are investigating technologies like Natural Language Processing (NLP). Some awesome opportunities exist to expound the Word and I would love to witness these for the Bible :)

Edited by cweber
  • Like 2

We're heavy users of MyITProcess for our entire client base. They have standards libraries that we work on aligning our clients to, and we can build our own for certain scenarios. We used to struggle with technology alignment before implementing this platform, now no longer.

That "MyITProcess" is another interesting offering. There seem so many these days that I don't see why you'd want to struggle with building your own. Cost and Value are challenging to get right and some of these services are deceptively good at hidden costs.

I am confident Accordance are aware of existing limitations and must be pursuing alternative strategy. Living in Australia I cannot attend conferences or the like and learn of whatever roadmap they are willing to share in private.

Another area companies building their own software will struggle is legal compliance (e.g. GDPR), personal identifiable information (PII) and also adhering to data standards. I've been involved in each of these areas and you cannot do business without meeting these type of conditions imposed upon you. Another area of concern is identity politics, I am watching some anti-Biblical policies filter down where I work to be coded around! Difficult waters to navigate including what moral standards your prepared to work to.

Edited by cweber