Thompson Chain Reference

Dr. Nathan Parker

Is the Thompson Chain Reference Bible no longer available for sale? I already own it, but I don’t see the product listing on the Accordance website.

If so, is there any way of bringing it back through a new publisher arrangement?

It’s such a great module to own in Accordance.

Thanks!

• Like 1

According to the following thread, the publisher has asked Accordance to stop selling the Thompson Chain Reference Bible until a forthcoming update is released.

• Like 1

I hope either an updated version will be able to be sold, or Accordance can work out re-selling the previous version. This is a module super-beneficial for Accordance users.

Zondervan bought Kirkbride, the publisher of Thompson. Seems like that would have made it even easier. I bought it for Accordance years ago. Its one of those resources I forget that I have, until I stumble upon it remember how good it is. I also have printed one that I bought in 1981. 

I still have my printed one as well and use it daily, and I use my Accordance one regularly. I hope Accordance can work something out with Zondervan. I just hope Zondervan doesn’t try to “improve” on the TCR and end up “messing it up”. I’m all for minor revisions/updates here and there, but the TCR is a solid classic. It doesn’t need major improvement.

I have it in Logos but would like to have it in Accordance too! It’s been a while since I inquired about it also 😑

• Like 1

It was available for many years.  Sorry, I can't locate the thread, but I recall that had been removed because of a transfer of copyright.  However, Accordance had agreed a new contract with the new owner and are working towards a fresh release. 

• Like 1