idea to prevent Highlight corruption

Kristin

There have been several of us who have had major corruption issues with Highlights. The only way to "resolve" it when it happens is to hope there is a backup, but that comes at the cost of months of work. In order to find a backup under 5 MB I had to scroll back in TimeMachine all the way back to some time in July. That is coming at the cost of over a month of work.

From various threads, the common theme with Highlight corruption issues is the size of the files. I am aware that it is possible to create multiple files, and I have done so, but my OT file just really can't be split further since I really do need to see all the highlights.

With that as a preface, I would like the ability to view multiple highlight files at the same time. Similar to how we can switch between highlights, but more like checking a highlight file on or off, so that I can see two or three files at the same time. That way each file can remain fairly small, but the information being viewable.

This is just a suggestion, but I am interested if people from the forum or Accordance have ideas how to resolve this. I have personally experienced severe highlight corruption on three occasions, and I just can't work with the highlights much more until there is a stable solution. It is just too time consuming every time it happens.

Obviously the corruption with the Notes is normally more catastrophic, but nothing as an idea is coming to my mind at the moment.

Thank you for your consideration regarding this.

Kristin

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about that Kristen. My condolences! 

I like the idea of being able to have two files open at the same time, at least in different panes or workspaces. I have different files for, e.g., commentaries and systematic works. However, if both a commentary and a systematic book are open at the same time, I have to choose between one file or the other.

So yes, +1 

• Like 1