highlight corruption on third highlight file :(

Kristin

In the past I had a huge highlight file. It got corrupted with the reason that it was too large, so I created a new file which got corrupted. It was not as large, but an explanation was never determined.

I then created two two highlight files dividing the OT and NT, simply to keep the files smaller.

I see this "small" OT file is now getting corrupted. I checked, and it is 5.6 MB, and I think 5 is the limit?? I don't even know anymore.

I am not even sure if this is a technical issue report or a feature request, but if corruption is this likely, there really needs to be some sort of warning box when a file is exceeding a safe limit. I have spent months on this highlight file and it is pretty discouraging for it to happen again. There just needs to be a warning of some sort, or something. I don't know.

• Like 1

This has happened to me, also. Notes as well. I've taken to manually backing up my accordance files in a separate folder. This way when the corruption happens, I have a slightly out of date version that is still good. I am disappointed that the A-Team apparently has yet to address this problem. There is nothing I've seen that warns against 'large' files. And there is nothing I'm aware of that actually defines what 'large' is or warns us when we approach the limit. 

• Sad 1

Hi @A. Smith,

Yes, I have had MAJOR issues with notes as well. The notes are not that bad since, like you, I have started using other programs like Numbers, where I feel more secure that I won't lose data. The Highlight files specifically are a real problem, as I use them for translational purposes to mark what I have done or not. So when it gets corrupted I have NO idea how far along I am with a specific section or word. I started using a User Bible for the actual translation, so that seems secure, thankfully, but the notes are a real issue and has on repeated occasions cost me months of work. :(

I am really sorry you have had these issues too, but I am hopeful that Accordance will try to find a solution to this, as it is obviously not just happening to me.

Take care,

Kristin