word found in key but not lex

Kristin

I am probably missing something obvious, but I am kind of confused. [KEY H6996] has 98 his, but the lex has 54 hits? I see that the word is found in Gen 9:24, as an example, which is not appearing in the lex, though it is there.

I had always thought that searching the lex was a way to really find ALL the hits, while the key may or may not.

Any clarity would be appreciated.

Kristin

Delete the equals sign from the lex search. That’s added by default but is restricting the search to hits with the same vowels.

Hi @JonathanHuber,

The concern with that is that if I remove the vowels, it does of course find more words, but it also finds words which have different keys.

I am looking for all actual words of H6996 which is an adjective. It has 98 hits. I can find 54 of them, but if I take away the vowels it includes key H6994, which is a verb, and likely other words is well.

Is there a way to find ALL of the adjective (key H6996). I know I can do a construct of the word and check to search for adjectives, but that will only find words which are marked as adjectives and thus will omit unkeyed words (where I thought the lex finds unkeyed words).

I am kind of worried since I use the lex a lot thinking it is finding all the words but now I am worried. Normally the lex has more hits than the key, so maybe there is just something odd about this word specifically.

Hi Kristin, I think I am missing something obvious, so perhaps if you would kindly try and explain again what you are trying to do, and what your results are, then I might be able to help. I am sure I am just having a dull thinking day...

Hi @Ken Simpson,

Thanks for your help, and I agree it is confusing.

I am aware that not ALL words are keyed. As a result, when I search a key I always search the lex of that key also to make sure the numbers are the same. Often there are a few random words I find in the lex, but those unkeyed hits are always more of what I am looking for, being the same word, even though it lacked a key.

When I searched H6996 which is an adjective. It has 98 hits. So I searched the lex, expecting somewhere in the ballpark of 98-105 hits, where it would find a few extra of the same adjective that were not keyed. Yet it only has 54 hits? How is that possible for the lex, the actual word, to have less hits then the key?

Jonathan suggested getting rid of the equal sign, but I am not just looking for the root, but I am looking for ALL hits of the adjective.

If I do delete the equals, I obviously get far more hits of 108 hits, but without the equals it is finding totally different keys and parts of speech, such as H6995, which is a noun.

So I am unclear how to find ALL lex hits of the adjective of H6996. I can include a picture which might clarify it more. My question is not just about this word, but the concept of searching the lex. I had always thought if I search the lex I would get all hits, but the lex returning LESS hits than the key has made me nervous.

Thanks for your help,

Kristin

771629320_Bildschirmfoto2022-09-11um10_13_43.thumb.png.4d8582834cac587185af0041263cbf54.png