Upgrade to Version 14

Vern

Got an email to upgrade to version 14… just wanted to verify that all of my products within Accordance will still work and not require upgrades.

Got an email as well and attempted to pre-order per the email and am receiving errors when trying to purchase. Asking for alternate forms of payment, but still receive errors.

Hi @Vern,

If I am understanding correctly, you don't want to upgrade at the moment but want to make sure things will work fine if you don't. My understanding is that anything you currently own will work perfectly fine on your current Accordance version.

If you buy something AFTER Accordance 14 comes out, it would really depend on the product, but my experience is that most things won't be a problem for at least a long time.

As a random example, Rahlfs LXX says "The LXX Grammar included with this product requires Accordance 11.2 or above." Given that 11.2 was forever ago, it really shows that Accordance does a good job maintaining their old products.

If you want to download Acc 14, but are concerned about it, on a Mac when you download it it will recognize the old program and ask you if you want to replace it or keep both. You can always keep Acc 13. I use Acc 13, but I still actually have Acc 12 (which I never actually use. The only thing support said is that it is not a good idea to run both versions at once since they share one highlight file location).

@Brent Lawrence,

I would contact sales directly at sales@accordancebible.com

I hope this helps,

Kristin

• Like 1

You cannot upgrade it right now, you can only pre-order it. It will be out in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Edit: Nevermind. Saw it on another thread. Thanks. 

Edited by Pastor Jonathan

2 hours ago, Vern said:

Got an email to upgrade to version 14… just wanted to verify that all of my products within Accordance will still work and not require upgrades.

Unless I am mistaken, you should have all your resources, unless the rights to something is not renewed.

So if, for a random example, the BDB is not renewed, you will lose that resource. 

As for the modules, if new resource is added, you may need to upgrade, but I never have had that. I started with V. 11 or 12. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

Unless I am mistaken, you should have all your resources, unless the rights to something is not renewed.

So if, for a random example, the BDB is not renewed, you will lose that resource. 

As for the modules, if new resource is added, you may need to upgrade, but I never have had that. I started with V. 11 or 12. 

Any resource you've purchased in the past will work in Accordance 14. Some will work even better than before (teaser alert).

• Like 6

I've also tried to preorder and got the following error message. I know the information is correct and I also tried to another card that also generated the same error message. I guess I will try again tomorrow.

• An error occurred, please try again or try an alternate form of payment.

56 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Any resource you've purchased in the past will work in Accordance 14. Some will work even better than before (teaser alert).

That is good to know. Thanks @Mark Allison. However, that does make me wonder, if Accordance loses the rights to a work, wouldn't that be removed?

But I am excited to upgrade. Thanks. 

49 minutes ago, Tony Lawrence said:

I've also tried to preorder and got the following error message. I know the information is correct and I also tried to another card that also generated the same error message. I guess I will try again tomorrow.

• An error occurred, please try again or try an alternate form of payment.

+1 for me as well. Going to call in the AM.

16 minutes ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

However, that does make me wonder, if Accordance loses the rights to a work, wouldn't that be removed?

Something like this has happened in a few situations where a publisher pulled a volume (like Peter O'Brien's commentaries). Accordance was no longer permitted to sell them, but users who had already purchased a copy could continue to use it. Just like people who had purchased a print copy didn't have to mail it back in to the publisher. Accordance is careful to look out for the interests of its users in these matters. :) 

• Like 5

I’m also experiencing the error message while trying to pre-order. I’ve double checked all of my information, and have tried multiple payment methods. 

My recommendation would be to call/email sales on the pre-order upgrade. I haven’t done it yet, so I haven’t received any errors.

4 hours ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

...if Accordance loses the rights to a work, wouldn't that be removed?

No, once it's yours, it's yours. You cannot lose it. That's airtight in all the licensing agreements. 

• Like 4

BTW, apologies for the pre-order issues. The offices were closed on Monday for the US Labor Day holiday, but will open back up Tuesday morning. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

That is good to know. Thanks @Mark Allison. However, that does make me wonder, if Accordance loses the rights to a work, wouldn't that be removed?

But I am excited to upgrade. Thanks. 

If Accordance loses the right to publish a work, those who have purchased that work still have the ability to download it to their devices. New users, however, will no longer be able to purchase the work. Once you've purchased a work, it's yours to keep, regardless of future publisher decisions. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

If Accordance loses the right to publish a work, those who have purchased that work still have the ability to download it to their devices. New users, however, will no longer be able to purchase the work. Once you've purchased a work, it's yours to keep, regardless of future publisher decisions. 

Interesting. Thank you all for your comments. Well, I stand corrected but pleasantly so. Thanks. 

• Like 2

For those of you who, like me, had the processing error when trying to preorder v14 it appears to be fixed now. I've pre-ordered without any problems.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and pre-ordered Accordance 14 to lock in my upgrade. It’s “possible” I’ll get a chance to beta test Accordance 14. If I do, I’m not sure what the policy is for beta testers (if they receive a complimentary copy or not). If for some reason I’m supposed to receive a complimentary copy, Accordance can always reimburse my upgrade in the form of an Accordance gift card. I’ll be placing Accordance module orders for the rest of the year for sure, so it won’t go to waste. 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 7:44 AM, R. Mansfield said:

No, once it's yours, it's yours. You cannot lose it. That's airtight in all the licensing agreements. 

In a world of rental agreements by a thousand different names, this makes me so happy. Just like a physical book . . . its mine until I lose it! 

If it makes a difference, it's not unheard of for people to keep an ancient machine running just to use outdated but critical software. And accordance is so good with legacy support, I wouldn't be surprised if there were still a few folks out there using v8 or something. 

• Like 3

I had v9 running on a PowerBook once. I could probably resurrect it if I wanted to.