Apple Event September 7th

rgallo

please M2 Mac mini, plz plz plz 🤞

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

MacOS Ventura is coming!!!!  My 2017 iMac will receive its last upgrade with this one.  Going to need a lot of memory to run this Operating System from what have found online.  Not sure about the new hardware, but, I am sure they will reveal that on the 7th.

Edited by RickRoss

My guess is mostly iPhones and iOS-related stuff. Would be nice to see more Macs.

Boo. No Macs. Just Watch/AirPods/iPhone14.
But, that makes me all the more convinced there will be an October Mac event. I'm in the market for a MacMini for our sanctuary production computer, and I guess it won't kill me to hold out on more month or two.

We have two M1 minis that we use for ProPresenter (on one) and Reaper, Ecamm Live, (on the other). They work flawlessly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T. Conrad said:

We have two M1 minis that we use for ProPresenter (on one) and Reaper, Ecamm Live, (on the other). They work flawlessly. 

Thanks for that. I've seen that the M1 Mini will be great for us. It's just so close to the M2 release, gonna wait til October.

We will be running ProPresenter AND our streaming through the same MacMini. 😬 

Will use a vid capture card, maybe use OBS instead of PP built-in stream, and have a third monitor on a Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Monitor 3G. 

We also use Ecamm for streaming. The new beta version will allow streaming to both Facebook and Youtube at the same time. Ours runs flawlessly on the last Intel MacMini. 

On a separate note we waited until the M2 MacBook Air came out to purchase for the church. I personally have a M1 MacBook Air and while I like the new design I can't tell that much difference in speed. 

Thoughts appreciated: If after cleaning up my phone I'm at about 130–140gb, should I get a 256gb phone again this year or move to 512? I'm thinking 256. Full Accordance library installed.

7 hours ago, Tony Lawrence said:

On a separate note we waited until the M2 MacBook Air came out to purchase for the church. I personally have a M1 MacBook Air and while I like the new design I can't tell that much difference in speed. 

Tony,

No doubt, for regular work in the office (web apps, email, office apps, etc.), there will be no discernible speed difference between the M1 and M2 MBA.

For our sanctuary, running our presentation AND our video capture card and streaming all on the same Mac mini is a tough row to hoe, so hoping for the next gen. I have limited operators and limited space in the booth, so going to give it a try.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 12:47 AM, Brian W. Davidson said:

Thoughts appreciated: If after cleaning up my phone I'm at about 130–140gb, should I get a 256gb phone again this year or move to 512? I'm thinking 256. Full Accordance library installed.

You are round the half storage which should be ok so i would be tempted to stay with 256 unless you are looking to make a major change in the way you use it, music and photo storage? I would look at your storage under settings and see what apps are using most of your current storage to help while you consider your future changes in use.

In the past ive had too small storage devices, (iPod, iPhone and iPad) and only really started running into issues when i was at 90% capacity. Im currently at 65% on my iPad and it is still very happy. Plus ive been more selective on accordance on my phone, for example there are many resources i have acquired i never use while out eg dont really need my todd bolen cultural images photo library which is quite large file size so you could think about the larger files if you do need to save space in the future. ;o) 

D45E0A11-C4F2-4AE1-9308-FE13F1B5DE44.jpeg

9F1C27B5-F4A2-49F3-AEB2-061E51B6394E.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:14 AM, Joe Weaks said:

Tony,

No doubt, for regular work in the office (web apps, email, office apps, etc.), there will be no discernible speed difference between the M1 and M2 MBA.

For our sanctuary, running our presentation AND our video capture card and streaming all on the same Mac mini is a tough row to hoe, so hoping for the next gen. I have limited operators and limited space in the booth, so going to give it a try.

Beware of using a M1 mac for presentation. You only get one extra display; if you need a stage display in addition to audience projection, you'll need to go different direction.

3 hours ago, Jordan Gowing said:

Beware of using a M1 mac for presentation. You only get one extra display; if you need a stage display in addition to audience projection, you'll need to go different direction.

Is that a limitation for all M1 Macs or just particular models, because I'm pretty sure I've connected three displays to a M1 Mac Studio before?

12 hours ago, Jordan Gowing said:

For sure it's true that the M1 MacMinis only support 2 graphic displays (ie. "external" monitors), however, for a third screen confidence monitor for professional presentation software, it's better to utilize a VIDEO based output anyway rather than another GRAPHICS output. You just need a ~$100 video output adapter.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 1:01 PM, Rich said:

Is that a limitation for all M1 Macs or just particular models, because I'm pretty sure I've connected three displays to a M1 Mac Studio before?

Just the mini. We transitioned our M1 mini to a different purpose and upgraded to a Mac Studio for this very reason.

For the record, to be clear for anyone listening in, a $700 M1 Mac mini is more than sufficient for video processing/streaming and video projection using professional presentation software. That's fantastic stewardship. You can add a third monitor to a Mac mini with a video-based output that any pro software can use.

• Like 1