Masoretic and Septuagint Variances (MT-LXX Parallel Question)

jkdoyle

In Emanuel Tov's Text Criticism of the Hebrew Bible, he states:

"Accordance enables the automatic indication of all divergences from 𝔐, and searches of all words and grammatical categories in ⅏.”

——Emmanuel Tov, Textual Criticism of the Hebrew Bible, 3rd ed. (Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2012), 378.
https://accordance.bible/link/read/Tov-TCHB#6491

I own the MT-LXX  Parallel.  Can I get some insight on how would I find these divergences?

Edited by jkdoyle

That comment in particular is with respect to the Samaritan Pentateuch and its comparison with MT, FWIW.

MT-LXX parallel won't help with that.

@jkdoyle

You can search MT-LXX Parallel using the Symbols search field for any of these symbols that compare LXX to ⅏ against 𝔐. The symbols are located at the top of the MT-LXX Parallel module.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jordan S said:

@jkdoyle

You can search MT-LXX Parallel using the Symbols search field for any of these symbols that compare LXX to ⅏ against 𝔐. The symbols are located at the top of the MT-LXX Parallel module.

image.png

image.png

I take it that this is available only to those who have purchased the MT-LXX Parallel module. I have the MT and I have the LXX but no MT-LXX Parallel. Do I understand correctly that such comparison searches are not possible with my current setup?

1 hour ago, dvdmoore08 said:

I take it that this is available only to those who have purchased the MT-LXX Parallel module. I have the MT and I have the LXX but no MT-LXX Parallel. Do I understand correctly that such comparison searches are not possible with my current setup?

@dvdmoore08, this would be true.

• Like 1