Does the MT-ETCBC-A of the BHS come with the Masorah?

Paul Putman

Greetings. I recently purchased the Academic Collection Amber - Greek and Hebrew (Accordance 13). It comes with the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS). At the beginning of the apparatus section, it seems to be saying that the Masorah is included in this version of the BHS. However, the only thing I keep seeing is the apparatus.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi @Paul Putman,

I don't have that specific package, so I am not entirely sure. So I went to the Accordance site searching for Amber (which lists multiple results) and Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (which also lists multiple results).

I think your question is concerning Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia more than the Amber package. Is it possible to post the exact store link of the product you are wondering about?

Kristin

Hey Paul,

The body of "MT-ETCBC-A Apparatus" only contains the critical apparatus with variant readings. However, the Qere is provided in [bracketed words] in the text itself (MT-ETCBC-A) following the Ketib. Unfortunately, we don't have any source files that include the rest of the marginal notes for BHS. This is true for the other Hebrew Bibles that use the Westminster morphology (BHS-T and HMT-W4). The German Bible Society now provides the Masorah Parva and Masorah Magna with an English translation as a part of the BHQ volumes. 

-Jordan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2022 at 7:40 PM, Kristin said:

Hi @Paul Putman,

I don't have that specific package, so I am not entirely sure. So I went to the Accordance site searching for Amber (which lists multiple results) and Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (which also lists multiple results).

I think your question is concerning Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia more than the Amber package. Is it possible to post the exact store link of the product you are wondering about?

Kristin

https://accordancebible.com/product/biblia-hebraica-stuttgartensia-with-etcbc-morphology-and-apparatus-bundle/

Hi @Paul Putman,

Thanks for the link, that was helpful. When looking at the breakdown of the contents, I can see that it does not include the Masorah. If I do a search in the store for Masorah, there are no results, and if I understand Jordan correctly, it is not something any resource has at the moment.

If you would like, you could perhaps request it under the module request section of the forum and it might get added in the future.

Kristin

16 hours ago, Kristin said:

if I understand Jordan correctly, it is not something any resource has at the moment.

As Jordan said, the masora are included in the BHQ. However, since the BHQ is not complete, that wouldn’t give you the masora for the whole Hebrew Bible.

There’s also the Masora Thesaurus: https://accordancebible.com/product/masora-thesaurus/

• Like 1