Harris Greek Grammar - no sound on videos

Nick Laurence

Hi

I recently purchased the trio of Harris resources, having asked Accordance if they would work on iPad and been told they would. The video lectures have no sound, either on the iPad nor on iPhone - so I don't think the problem is my side - both devices show the very same problem. The videos play, but without sound; lipreading is really not an option! Please can this be looked into and rectified. I'd be grateful for notification when this is complete. Thanks

The videos were tested to work on our iOS and iPadOS apps before release. Here is a clip I just took of the videos working on my 2019 iPad Pro. Perhaps some others can comment here with suggestions as to why they're not working on your devices.

I occasionally run into issues watching embedded videos where the sound is muted on playback by default so i usually have to go to control centre to turn it up.

Have not got these particular accordance resources. Nor  have i found a setting so its a bit of a lottery if it happens but if you havent checked there, its one possibility.

772FC9AE-0D52-4903-B1D7-334844CF5F9D.jpeg

• Like 2

Ukfraser - you win the prize! Yes, it seems you have to unmute the iPad to hear the sound in these videos - strange, because you don't in Youtube or music apps, etc. But clearly Accordance want this. Now I'm going to have to remember to mute again each time I've finished with a video, or I'll get all those annoying pings and beeps at random moments through the day! Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nick Laurence said:

Now I'm going to have to remember to mute again each time I've finished with a video, or I'll get all those annoying pings and beeps at random moments through the day! Thanks for your help.

You may want to investigate what is pinging and beeping during the day and go to the notifications setting as you may be able to configure those so you are only interrupted by ones you want. 
i seem to remember i first came across the problem of muted videos when trying to watch a pruning course on a rose nursery site so it is very random. 

664C4C1A-B884-4FCE-9360-AAF89545054E.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser