Matthias Konradt's Gospel according to Matthew

Philip Mohr

Title: The Gospel according to Matthew: A Commentary

Author: Matthias Konradt

Translator: M. Eugene Boring

Publisher: Baylor University Press, 2020

Rationale: Any time top-notch German scholarship is translated into English, I consider it a huge boon. Konradt's Gospel according to Matthew provides a comprehensive interpretation of the Gospel of Matthew that draws on the best of modern research. Along with an analysis of the narrative structure, Konradt discusses the dense network of references to the Scriptures of Israel as well as the historical situation in which the Gospel was composed, namely the conflict between believers in Christ and the predominantly Pharisaic synagogue. Konradt focuses on theological topics such as the narrative unfolding of Jesus’ messianic identity as Immanuel, Son of God, and Son of David; Matthew’s understanding of discipleship and the church; the role of Israel and the Gentiles; and ethical orientation with its relationship to the Torah.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

YES! I would love to have this one. I have already planned to get it in print with Xmas money, and would buy it in Accordance as soon as it is available. This is a major Matthew commentary from someone writing on Matthew for a long time. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

My new-year bump of the thread. See comments in OP.

• Like 1

Will pass this on. Thanks!