How do I mark something as been read?

cweber

My wife and I are new users and my wife recently asked me how she might mark something like a book of the bible or commentary, as having been completed reading or studying, so she does not revisit that book unless specifically wanting to?

I spending more time exploring Accordance as I study (and crashing it through my ignorant clicking) than watching the tutorial videos at present (my secondary focus). Therefore, I have not easily or quickly found the answer to her question. I tried searching accordance help and these forums, even www search engines, but to no avail :) 

Cheers, Colin

Hi Colin,

That's a great question.  I haven't seen anything like that.  One thing you could do is create a folder in the library called (Books I've read) and moving the resource into that folder.  It will still be available to reference anytime you want when you search in the library, or you could open the folder and there they would be. 

6 hours ago, cweber said:

my wife recently asked me how she might mark something like a book of the bible ..., as having been completed

Possibly for a book of the bible she could insert a user note on the book's title with a date when she completed it along with a reflection? Just click on the title and then select note from the sub menu. (Ios screenshot below.)

not sure about a commentary as i cant add a note in ios so i like Dan's folder suggestion. But i assume the commentary would be linked to a book of the bible so you could also include the commentary info in the user note in your bible. 

7B4E52CD-8742-49DA-B8DB-6756C3698787.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

My concern with a folder is that Pamela was not exclusively referring to chapters of a book. An example would be she reads a resource on Women of the bible and completes studying both Naomi and Sarah. Then Pamela reads another resource. When returning to Women, after a long absence on other material, she wants to simply exclude what has already been read in that particular resource.

I was thinking that if there is a scripting language (have not looked yet) then I could also review that with the concept of a User note.

I use Windows 11 and Pamela uses an iPad Pro.

I typically use accordance on an ipad and i use the  notes app that comes in ios and have folders in that and keep all my records there. Its the workflow that i have found over the years that works best for me as it includes services and conference notes.

However, I am waiting for stacks to come to the semi skimmed version of accordance as ive not found the accordance notes to match the way i work but as i also use a mbp and iphone, i like the way that my ios notes links between all my devices.

Stacks looks like the best tool for Pamela and i believe its on the wishlist for a future semi skinned development to bring it in line with the full fat version. she could then create a Women of the bible stack and just add notes as she completes studying Naomi and Sarah and whoever next, Elizabeth, Gomer, Ruth, etc???

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2