Hebrew copy & paste to MS Word (2002) is backwards

Enoch

I was just trying to copy & paste  שָׁלִיחַ  into a Word 2002 doc document, but the Hebrew letters come out reversed.  I see they came out right in this word processor.  I tried both unicode choice & unicode unselected choice, to no success.

Do you really mean Word 2002? Back then Word for Mac would not do right-to-left.

Bill

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks for your comments. I began a project of revising the ASV 1901 about 30 years ago with Nota Bene & (I think DOS 3.3).  Eventually I loaded my work into MS Word 2002.  It seemed to me that if I would try to convert that to a newer version of Word, the extensive parallelism tabulation columns were distorted in the process. So I stayed with 2002.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2022 at 6:15 PM, wcombs said:

Do you really mean Word 2002? Back then Word for Mac would not do right-to-left.

Bill

Yes, I mean Word 2002. But not Word for Mac; plain ol Microsoft on a PC running Windows 10 (on which 2002 works)

• Like 1

Even on Windows I’ve had issues with Word for Windows and Hebrew (even newer versions). Nota Bene is really good on Windows for Hebrew. Trying to think if there are any other Windows word processors that handle Hebrew well.

On the Mac, I also use Mellel.

Google Docs has never had a problem handling Hebrew or Greek for me

• Like 1