Webinar or eAcademy using Anderson-Forbes or ETCBC syntax

mbcvida

I don't know if this has been previously discussed, but I would find it helpful to have an overview of the above syntax databases. I have attempted to read the provided introductions but it would be nice if someone who has experience using these, could share their experience.

• Like 2

This has been requested.

I would really like to see this, both for the Andersen-Forbes module and the ETCBC module for the Hebrew Scriptures. But I would also love to see something for the NT syntax module. I believe @mgvh has some familiarity with the latter and has done webinars in the past. Perhaps he would be willing to take one on for this as well (hint, hint)...

• Like 1

Mbcvida, if you havent found them already, as Donald says,  There are a couple of videos on the accordance vimeo channel.  I couldnt find out how to search for them but if you scroll down about three 'load more' screens you will see these two. One is over an hour and the other 45 minutes. 

https://vimeo.com/accordancebible

0071D6CA-4724-4ACE-B086-F4BC159233F4.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

Mbcvida, if you havent found them already, as Donald says,  There are a couple of videos on the accordance vimeo channel.  I couldnt find out how to search for them but if you scroll down about three 'load more' screens you will see these two. One is over an hour and the other 45 minutes. 

https://vimeo.com/accordancebible

I found these helpful to get a better idea of how the Andersen-Forbes module was conceived and some of the very technical details. They are both interesting. What I would like to see, though, would be some practical examples of how it can be helpful for exegesis and Bible study.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Donald Cobb said:

What I would like to see, though, would be some practical examples of how it can be helpful for exegesis and Bible study.

Totally appreciate what you are looking for and yes, it would be nice to see it used in a practical way.

but i was just making sure original poster has seen these as they do provide an overview and i dont find locating videos is as easy these days compared to the previous web site which is a shame as there are some excellent videos now. There is a need for index or a way to search them.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ukfraser said:

[…] They do provide an overview and i dont find locating videos is as easy these days compared to the previous web site which is a shame as there are some excellent videos now. There is a need for index or a way to search them.

Agreed!