Mellel on sale for 25% off + more.

R. Mansfield

Again, just as a reminder, I don't get any kind of kickback for recommending Mellel. I like to promote it because I believe it's the best academic writing solution--especially when using original languages--for macOS. However, I use it nearly daily, and I'm not even doing any academic writing (for the moment), as it's perfectly fine for any average word processing task. I even use it for Accordance work when writing a blog post, monthly newsletter content, or writing out notes for webinars.

Anyway, here is a link to the June 2022 Mellel newsletter. Check it out. In it you'll find the following subjects:

• SummerFest 2022 and 25% off Mellel for new users, including the Mellel + Bookends (reference database manager) bundle that is a must if you're doing any kind of academic writing. The creator of Bookends personally told me that he's never seen any software work so well with Bookends as Mellel does.
  • Preview of Mellel 5.2, including upcoming dark mode.
  • New tutorial videos. There is indeed a learning curve for Mellel as the Redlers were attempting to "recreate" the word processor. Don't think that if you know MS Word, you can sit down and run with it. It takes unlearning some things and discovering there's a better way to do them. There are lots of tutorial videos and a huge PDF manual that will come in handy if you're new to Mellel.

• Like 2

I love Mellel and keep it around on my Mac and iPad. I also enjoy Nisus Writer Pro as an alternative to Word. I’m too settled into Nota Bene for academic writing, otherwise I’d probably go with Mellel. It’s one powerful and solid program.

• Like 1