Paste search results into Excel

DarylNewton

How may I paste search results into Excel so that each Bible reference is in its own cell in a column?

You can customize the Citation format to accomplish this (at least what I think your asking). 

Go to Preferences / Citation

For Content,

Markers: <blank> <blank>

Show as: Separate Verses

Suppress poetry

For Content References,

Markers: <blank> <tab character>

(note: you will have to copy a tab character from a text document and paste it into that second box so that it will insert a tab after the verse reference)

Show as: Before Verse

Citation Reference,

Then you just select text and Copy as Citation and then you can paste it into your spreadsheet.

Edited by Joe Weaks
  • Like 3

Thanks Joe,

But where do I find the data to paste into the second box of the Content Reference:Markers entry???

Do I need a "tab character" or a "return character" in  that second box?

Thanks,

Daryl

• 2 weeks later...

Daryl, sorry I didn't get back. I've been traveling.

I don't fully understand your clarifying question. When setting up the Citation format, you put a Tab character in that second box. This will give results that look like:

John 1:1<TAB>And Jesus wept.

which will copy and then paste very well into a spreadsheet.

I was just saying that when you click into that second box, you can't type a tab character, because that will just move you to the next box. You have to type a tab character in a Word or TextEdit document (or anywhere), then select and copy that tab character, and then go back and paste the character in that box.

Let me know if still confusing.