First letter in word not highlighting when using Shift to highlight all hits in a search for first word of a verse

Tom Hogan

I’ve noticed lately that when I highlight all hits in a search by holding down the shift key and clicking the desired highlight, it works properly unless the word is the first word in a verse. If that is the case, it highlights all of the word except the first letter. See the attached example based on a search of Thus says the LORD. Note how it highlights properly for phrases that aren’t at the beginning of a verse. This works the same whether you search for a single word or multiple words. Thanks in advance for any help you’re able to provide.

I’m using Accordance 13.3.2.

Sincerely,
Tom

Thus says.jpg

About_This_Mac_and_Bible_Study.jpg

Hi Tom,

I could easily confirm this. By following your instructions, I got the same results. This is a bug. I will file a report with the programming team to be corrected in a future update. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

My pleasure! Thanks for your help.

Blessings!
Tom

Hi Tom,

You can 'Check for App Update' in the Accordance menu inside the 13.3.2 app. This will make the Accordance 13.3.3 update available which contains the fix.

Thanks.

• Like 1

You are welcome @Tom Hogan. I have replied to your other post about the highlights palette.

• Like 1

Using 13.3.3 on Win 11.

I'll jump in here... I had the previous problem as well, but now I have a new one.

I searched for all question marks (semi-colon) in the NA28 using: .;

I created a highlight style.

I went to apply it to all hits, but it highlights the space after the semi-colon, not the semi-colon itself. And if the question is in the middle of a verse, it highlights the first letter of the next word, not the semi-colon.

Edited by mgvh

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 8:35 PM, mgvh said:

Using 13.3.3 on Win 11.

I'll jump in here... I had the previous problem as well, but now I have a new one.

I searched for all question marks (semi-colon) in the NA28 using: .;

I created a highlight style.

I went to apply it to all hits, but it highlights the space after the semi-colon, not the semi-colon itself. And if the question is in the middle of a verse, it highlights the first letter of the next word, not the semi-colon.

Bumping this thread.

I'm planning to do a webinar on how questions are formed in Greek next week, and it would help to be able to have the highlighting work correctly.