Search defaults

zcostilla

In the past, my searches defaulted to FLEX, which is my preference. Since the last update, it has defaulted to WORDS. I’m all about saving clicks when I am in the middle of teaching (both during Sunday School, and in Bible College). Is there a way to change this back? I have gone through the search settings on my iPad and I cannot find it anywhere. And if not, then I need to make this a feature request for a future build.

Edited to add: maybe in the past it simply saved my last used type of search and kept it that way whenever I reopened Accordance, but it certainly isn’t saving it now. Every time Accordance is closed, or is pushed out of the current group of working apps in iOS, then it defaults back to searching by WORDS.

Edited by zcostilla

If you go to settings in the app and click on text, flex should be near the bottom as a slider. My settings below work fine for when i copy and paste in the upcoming lectionary readings. 

ACA5A75F-65AA-455E-9C63-A1F7E804FBCA.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Flex search results. Im mega lazy and anything to minimise a click to reduce the risk of rsi, then im with you!

B8389F2D-25B5-42C9-AE0E-C602436037F6.jpeg

A4E2A8BF-9F14-4CD8-8C00-3039C00FD269.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2022 at 9:35 AM, ukfraser said:

If you go to settings in the app and click on text, flex should be near the bottom as a slider. My settings below work fine for when i copy and paste in the upcoming lectionary readings. 

ACA5A75F-65AA-455E-9C63-A1F7E804FBCA.jpeg

It!s been that way for a while. I toggled it off and back on. But it still defaults to WORDS. I got so used to it defaulting to FLEX since the iOS app was first released that my brain is resisting the reprogramming to make the change every time I search.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zcostilla said:

my brain is resisting the reprogramming

In some ways i am fortunate (?). My brain is very RAM so i dont notice that its on WORDS and i just concentrate on the search bar to make sure the entry is correct, particularly the . and , and ; and : which i usually get wrong and then hit search.