trying to delete big red CANAAN from Atlas

Kristin

On the atlas there is this huge, red CANAAN. Is there a way to get rid of it? I would not mind it so much if it was not so large, and was not covering cities I am trying to look at, but since it is I am trying to delete it, but I can't figure out how.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kristin

1694611354_Bildschirmfoto2022-06-18um22_44_28.png.379e72570bf517ed0114fee1ffad819b.png

Hi Kristin, you can often just click on the name, and press the delete key.

If that doesn't work, do you mind telling me the steps you took to get here? Usually the red indicates you have searched for it (but not always).

Hi @Ken Simpson,

I actually tried deleting it as you described but I can't get rid of it. I agree that it being red makes it look like I searched for it, but I actually did not. Maybe at one point, but not for months.

Yep - fair - then how did you get to this? If I can see the process I can probably help with the answer 🙂 

Hi @Ken Simpson,

Just posting this seems to have resolved the issue. :) It has literally been there for months but now it is gone. The way I normally get it is just opening the Atlas. So I just opened it to show that and it is gone?? I tried searching for CANAAN and it appeared, and so I tried deleting it and it deleted without an issue. So very strange.

The only thing I can think is that with all of my Accordance windows open (for better or for worse I usually have 15-20 windows open at the same time), something must have been keeping it in memory. I recently restarted Accordance in the past 30 minutes for unrelated reasons, and maybe that cleared something out? I am not sure, but it is gone.

• Like 1

Canaan and the other large labels are part of the Regions layer. If that's not needed for your purpose in this scenario, you could always just turn that layer off.

Hi @JonathanHuber,

The issue was that I couldn't get rid of it. No matter what layer I had or did not have, it was always there and could not be deleted. Just opening the Atlas brought it up. For some reason it is gone. I can put it there turning on specific layers or searching for it, but I can turn it off, which I had not been able to do for months.

I still have no idea what happened, but I think the issue is that I always have a lot of Accordance windows open and rarely turn off my computer, and it must have been saving itself in a small glitch which resolved itself when I restarted the computer. I guess. I am just glad it is gone as it was covering text.

• Like 1