Syncing between my Windows PC and Mac OSX

Ryan Appleyard

I apologize beforehand if this topic has been brought up already. I use both Windows and Mac OSX. Now, I have installed Accordance on both. However, they do not sync. So all my settings on Windows are not saved on the Mac. Is there a way to make sure that my last save on Windows can be opened straight away when I log onto the Mac? 

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my question!

Best,

Ryan

This setting when you sync with Dropbox might help you ...

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 4.54.04 PM.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the help!

:) I will check to see if it works later this week. I mainly use Windows at home. I made an account with Dropbox, so I am sure it will sync now! :)

• Like 1

@Tim Hall is right. I did some testing on this just now and I believe that you need Accordance 13.3.2 (or earlier) on the computers to get this to work. Using these versions I was able to open my Current Session on my Mac from the one on my Windows PC. You just have to sync your current session to Dropbox before quitting Accordance. Then on the other computer sync before starting, to get the current session from the other computer.

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX13/Default.htm#topics/02_install_etc/sync_dropbox.htm#kanchor397

I originally tried this today in Accordance 13.4.0 and it did not work. I think this may be because the programming team is removing support for Dropbox since the syncing system is being rebuilt for Accordance 14. Accordance 13.4.0 supports the new Trial Version of Accordance and does not support Accordance Lite.

When I backed both computers up to Accordeance 13.3.2, it worked instantly.

• Thanks 1