Outro in Bible Notes Tools

Fabian

Hello 

If I purchase a printed Bible. Then there is mostly maps etc. included. The Accordance Bibles lacks them completely. 

Check for example the ASV from the brand-L company. They have included it. 

I would love if Accordance sell the whole Bible not only a part of it.

Thanks

Fabian

Different editions of various print Bibles would come with maps. Most of what we are offering with most Bibles is the basic text and perhaps subject headings, red lettering, and Key numbers if any of these are available from the copyright holder. This content usually does not come with maps.

Most of our study Bible notes, however, do come with maps; and they are included.

8 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

Most of our study Bible notes, however, do come with maps; and they are included.

Yes with an additional cost ans NOT in German, Swedish, etc. Please don't think every time so small. The world is bigger than the US.

Why then often the Kindle version is more complete? By far the Bibles produced in the last 25 years are electronically made. And there is now for nearly every one more material than only the Bible text.

31 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Please don't think every time so small. The world is bigger than the US.

Making suggestions without pointed and personal accusations and criticisms would be greatly appreciated. No one person should presume to know how others think

Slightly more specific but the nrsv come in multiple editions so for example  you can get just the text, text with cross references, text with maps and concordance, or a study version with extra notes but no cross reference or concordance. And its the same options for the various publishers i have found so it looks like a nrsv policy.

Now the nrsv is particularly a pain because unlike esv or niv, the study doesnt include the cross reference, eg as seen in the noab. Its arguable if you need cross references in accordance but i think this thread does open the question about whether accordance could offer something over and above what we can get in dead tree. So for example offer the cross references in addition to the study notes so combining two dead tree versions into one etext. However i have noticed differences between the different cross references the editors in the different translations include so i think its worth having just to get more from the different translations.

typically when i used to buy dead tree versions i would tend to go for a study type but certainly always valued having cross references as well and the nrsv was always a pain due to their publishing styles of one or the other which is why i got the renovare "spiritual formation bible" as it was something out of the norm. I am certainly not interested in having a concordance though.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1