Cut and Paste

bickfud

Ever since the latest release, I have been unable to cut and paste biblical texts either from Accordance to an external app like Pages or within Accordance to my notes. I am using a 2020 iPad and iPadOS is up-to-date with 15.5 and Accordance is also up-to-date with 3.3.0.

Is this a bug or is there a way I can restore this functionality?

Edited by bickfud

Hi,

There is a chance that this could be cause by a new optional feature (Single Tap for Details) for iOS. You can go to the Library > Settings > Instant Details and turn it off.

Let us know if this doesn't help.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. We are on the right track, but not completely solved. The first time I tried copying after turning off Single Tap for Details it worked fine, but then only intermittently after that. If I choose Copy as a Citation is get empty “”.

I’ve played around a little more and think the issue might have something to do with the trackpad on the magic keyboard, specifically with selecting the text. If I select with the keyboard, copying rarely works. If I select by taping the screen it seems to work every time - regardless of whether Single Tap for Details is turned on or off.

Ok. Thanks for letting us know. I seem to recall hearing other reports of issues with external keyboards and trackpads in the past. I will see if I can find more information.

Just FYI, here is additional discussion on this in the iOS feature request page: