Amplified Classic (AMPC): 1987 by The Lockman Foundation - One of, if not, THE most POWERFUL of translations!

Leco

The Amplified Classic (1987) translation is absolutely profound and allowed me, when I was still just a "believer" (and yet still skeptical) and having some major issues in my life that brought me to my "rock-bottom," where it was just God and me left... I was done with everything and wanted to give up! I happened to have Joyce Meyer's "Everyday Life" Bible which is her notes and breakdown based on the 1987 AMPC Bible.

I was considering suicide at that point and (as God works in wonderful and mysterious ways) that night as I was struggling with the choices ahead, "randomly..." Joyce Meyer's TV program came on and I found myself starting to listen more and more... so I asked God/Jesus to come into my heart and life because I was done trying to fix my mess on my own and that if He didn't show up, I was done with it all... proceeded to cry myself to sleep...

The next day, I felt a renewed sense of life that was quite unexpected considering the activities of mine from the prior week, so I picked up the AMPC Bible with Joyce's notes for the first time and it truly did help give me a much better understanding of God's Word than any other version I've tried at that point, mostly the NIV and of course was told by many (wrongfully) that the KJV/NKJV is the only viable Bible and the rest are deluded... yet, none of them had the power and amazing understanding that I needed.

So, as I began reading it, God/Jesus through the Holy Spirit showed up and I had my first true encounter with Christ Himself, who filled my heart with such an amazing love and peace, I became overwhelmed by the Holy Spirit and started balling my eyes out... Then I knew it was Him and that He truly showed up and that it really wasn't just some "religious experience" and that He came to save me and redeem my life simply because I asked Him to... and He surely did!

The AMPC helped me to understand who I am in Christ and what God's Will for my life is and WHO HE IS... Since that day... everything in my life has, over time and while continuing to pursue and nurture my relationship with God, has gotten so much better and I'm truly able to say that I'm walking with Christ now and loving every step of my journey, no matter my circumstances, abased or abounding, I have the joy and peace that God freely bestows on us... I went from nothing to now having a wonderful wife, kids, career that I love and more importantly, living the life God has destined and foreordained for me while walking with Him personally and intimately!

I believe others who are struggling like I did, who couldn't seem to understand fully the usual translations in a powerful way, will benefit greatly from this powerfully accurate translation of the original manuscripts that make up God's Word today, the Bible, and will significantly benefit from having the AMPC translation available on your software. It has so much insight to offer that no other translation has so I humbly and earnestly ask to consider making this available on your platform. Thank you so much for your time and consideration!

Below are the details of the AMPC translation according to OliveTree.com:

"The Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC) is a distinctive English translation that was made to uncover—in addition to the most precise Greek/Hebrew single word equivalents—the diverse shades of meaning that are a part of words in any language. This allows the reader to become aware of the whole spectrum of what a Hebrew or Greek listener would intuitively know—the whole spectrum of what God wants you to know about Himself. As many—or as few—words as needed are employed to carry a word’s range of original, historical/contextual meaning(s). Footnotes reference the Greek/Hebrew scholars responsible for particular wordings. In and of itself readable and illuminating, the Amplified Bible also works as an exemplary complement to other Bible translations.

Text samples

Psalm 27:4
One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.

Ephesians 3:20
Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]—

The Amplified Bible Classic Edition © 1987 The Lockman Foundation and Zondervan Publishing House"

Is that the revised version published in 2015? Or the original, classic, edition of 1987? The copyright marks don't show 2015 so I'm hoping it's the 1987 edition... (Though there's not a huge difference between them, there's enough where I find it to be a little more watered down and truncated than the original.)

The reason I posted this on here is because I emailed Accordance with this request and they responded that they don't have it available and to come here and post my request and if it showed enough interest, it'd be considered... See the attached image.

Accordance_Email-Response_AMPC-Request.jpg

429997631_Bildschirmfoto2022-05-29um09_21_36.png.d9f86231e629f622d65ad852456c5fd8.png

I would say it is the 1987 version. As there is no 2015 mentioned.

From the Accordance one.

Psa. 27,4 One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.

Eph. 3,20 Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]—

@Mark Allison But I would love to have the 2015 too.

I also would love if the Shop is more updated with more infos in the Product Details.

Edited by Fabian

Our edition of the Amplified Bible is the version revised in 1987. We do need to get the newer one though 👀

Perhaps when we do, the update could be created as a separate module such as "AMP 2015" or something similar.

For the niv you put the year in brackets so i wonder if you havent already, you need to formalise a naming standard as its likely to keep occuring

AF7D0385-F99D-4341-9DBD-3E85AFC53891.jpeg

I don't make the designations. I was merely suggesting that the year be carried with it to distinguish it from the previous Amplified.