Accordance crashes often when I try coping a verse

Ashadelo

I am running

- Accordance 12 (fully updated)

- Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.6

- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015)

- over half my SSD is free of space

- 8 gigs of ram

Every single crash listed below is from 2022 and it's always only when I try coping a bible verse, doesn't matter the version of Bible. 

Any help would be much appreciated

截屏2022-05-27 14.15.09.png

Edited by Ashadelo

If I upgrade to accordance 13 will this fix the issue? Or will the issue persist? 

I want to give an update. A user by the name of Fabian suggested to try clearing my cache (which I had no idea I could do) and it seems to have fixed the crash issues as these past three days I have yet to encounter a crash. 

There are always so many helpful people on this forum, thank you!

In Christ,

• Like 1

June 1st update, it crashed again so I switched over to Accordance 13. Hopefully this fixes whatever the issue was.

Hi @Ashadelo,

I don't really have ideas, but I just wanted to mention that sometimes in odd things happen the issue is the start up session. So if you have not already, I would delete the startup session. Also, after crashing, when it asks you if you want to restore the last saved session, click NO. The saved session will save random bugs, so clearing the startup session often helps.

Take care,

Kristin

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Hi @Ashadelo,

I don't really have ideas, but I just wanted to mention that sometimes in odd things happen the issue is the start up session. So if you have not already, I would delete the startup session. Also, after crashing, when it asks you if you want to restore the last saved session, click NO. The saved session will save random bugs, so clearing the startup session often helps.

Take care,

Kristin

Or maybe the workspace you use has a bug. You can recreate it from the scratch to prevent such behavior.

• Like 1

We were sorry to hear of this difficulty.

I have 2 suggestions.  The first is that Accordance 12 was retired long before Big Sur ever came out. Accordance 13 was developed with the newer operating systems in mind. You should have better luck with Accordance 13. You can try it free for 90 days and then if you decide to keep it you can upgrade permanently for $19.75.

https://accordancebible.com/accordance-free-trial/

The second suggestion is have you adjusted these settings in System Preferences in Big Sur yet? This is required in Monterey, Big Sur and Catalina so that Accordance can function normally.

Open System Preferences on macOS to 'Security & Privacy’.

On the ‘Privacy' Tab, scroll down until you see 'Full Disk Access' in the left hand column. Select Full Disk Access and then put a check next to Accordance.

You will need to do this with ‘Accessibility' also.

If Accordance is not in the box on the right side, you can add it with the + button underneath the window and then navigate to Applications > Accordance and then select ‘Open’. Now you can put in the checkmark.

You will need to open the padlock in order to make changes.

Hopefully these solutions will help.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 3:50 PM, Kristin said:

Hi @Ashadelo,

Take care,

Kristin

Ill try this first and then Fabians suggestions cause I had 13 crash last night :(

Edited by Ashadelo

21 hours ago, Billy32792 said:

We were sorry to hear of this difficulty.

I have 2 suggestions.  The first is that Accordance 12 was retired long before Big Sur ever came out. Accordance 13 was developed with the newer operating systems in mind. You should have better luck with Accordance 13. You can try it free for 90 days and then if you decide to keep it you can upgrade permanently for $19.75.

https://accordancebible.com/accordance-free-trial/

The second suggestion is have you adjusted these settings in System Preferences in Big Sur yet? This is required in Monterey, Big Sur and Catalina so that Accordance can function normally.

Open System Preferences on macOS to 'Security & Privacy’.

On the ‘Privacy' Tab, scroll down until you see 'Full Disk Access' in the left hand column. Select Full Disk Access and then put a check next to Accordance.

You will need to do this with ‘Accessibility' also.

If Accordance is not in the box on the right side, you can add it with the + button underneath the window and then navigate to Applications > Accordance and then select ‘Open’. Now you can put in the checkmark.

You will need to open the padlock in order to make changes.

Hopefully these solutions will help.

I upgraded to 13 a few days ago, and I just did the full access and accessibility. 

I also deleted my old work stations and then saved new ones. I have done everything suggested in this thread with the exception of creating entirelly new workstations. (because it takes a longtime to recreate the three I use daily)

Here is a SSof one of my. workstations. I hope its not the actually workstation that is bugged because it will take a longtime to recreate it

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 23.23.06.png

Still crashes, looks like I will have to find time and rebuild my workplaces 

Do you get crash logs?

Which you can copy paste here. So the developers can look into it for future updates.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 1:36 AM, Fabian said:

Do you get crash logs?

Which you can copy paste here. So the developers can look into it for future updates.

Next time it crashes I will post the log. Also, tonight once church is over I will recreate my workplaces. Quick question, how can I delete the workplace history?

截屏2022-06-05 16.29.32.png

11 minutes ago, Ashadelo said:

Next time it crashes I will post the log. Also, tonight once church is over I will recreate my workplaces. Quick question, how can I delete the workplace history?

截屏2022-06-05 16.29.32.png

In the Library, under "My Stuff".

If you copy paste the crash log. Don't post the image. Post the text, the developers are then faster to find the bug. Otherwise they have to type it from the image.

8 hours ago, Fabian said:

In the Library, under "My Stuff".

If you copy paste the crash log. Don't post the image. Post the text, the developers are then faster to find the bug. Otherwise they have to type it from the image.

Ok,   cleared them. Before I rebuild all my workspaces I will wait for it to crash and then copy and past the crash log here.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Ashadelo said:

Ok,   cleared them. Before I rebuild all my workspaces I will wait for it to crash and then copy and past the crash log here.

Thanks

If you know the affected workspace I guess it will be good to send it to Accordance. So they can find a solution for future issues. I saw in the shorter past some issues with workspaces. It will be good if they can fix them all.

9 hours ago, Fabian said:

If you know the affected workspace I guess it will be good to send it to Accordance. So they can find a solution for future issues. I saw in the shorter past some issues with workspaces. It will be good if they can fix them all.

The issue isn't on a specific work space, it's on copying and pasting. I live in China and when I preach I preach in both English and then translate over to Chinese. All my sermons are 100% English and Chinese, so I am constantly going back and forth coping and pasting both English and Chinese text (mostly bible verses) from accordance to my sermons which are saved in pages. It's always doing this time when I get a crash. Other than the copping and pasting I never get any other crashes.

Also, I always have three specific workplaces running at once (with many sessions running within the workplace)

Edited by Ashadelo

• 2 weeks later...

Update, a week or so ago, i deleted all my work spaces and recreated my most used work stations. Since i recreated them I have not had anymore crashes. However, there is a new issue. I have 3 workspaces that I keep up at all times.

2022 Reading

2022 Sermon Prep

2022 Hebrew and Greek

My sermon prep and Hebrew and Greek work spaces have no issues with remembering where I last left off. For example, Romans 16:9 in my sermon prep, if I close down Accordance and reopen it it remembers where I last left off (Romans 16:9, see picture below). The Sermon Prep and Hebrew and Greek work spaces both do this.  However, my 2022 reading always resets to Genesis 1:1 which means, unless I remember where I last left off when I close accordance it will reset back to Genesis 1:1.

Any idea how to fix this?

截屏2022-06-14 16.51.47.png

Here is my reading, everytime I reopen Accordance it looks like this, even if I close Accordance down in lets say, Ecclesiastes 1–6

截屏2022-06-14 16.54.30.png

Hi,

Are you actually quitting Accordance and not just clicking the red button (which only closes the window but doesn't quit Accordance). Accordance has to be actually quit in order for the last session to activate.

Do you have Last Session selected in the Accordance Preferences > General > Startup?

15 hours ago, Billy32792 said:

Hi,

Are you actually quitting Accordance and not just clicking the red button (which only closes the window but doesn't quit Accordance). Accordance has to be actually quit in order for the last session to activate.

Do you have Last Session selected in the Accordance Preferences > General > Startup?

Yes,i always quit accordance and never use the red button

Accordance Crash Log
2022/6/15 17:28:56

Accordance 13.3.3 (13.3.3)
CPU: x86_64
MacOS 11.6.6

Address:   $000000010E1F2391

Backtrace:
0   acord                               0x000000010e1f2391 acord + 3507089
1   acord                               0x000000010e1d59af acord + 3389871
2   acord                               0x000000010e0a5914 acord + 2144532
3   acord                               0x000000010e19ed9e acord + 3165598
4   acord                               0x000000010e644018 acord + 8036376
5   AppKit                              0x00007fff230ee646 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _reallySendEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 4256
6   AppKit                              0x00007fff230ed386 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) sendEvent:] + 347
7   acord                               0x000000010df00a2f acord + 420399
8   acord                               0x000000010df0c32b acord + 467755
9   AppKit                              0x00007fff22f5462e -[NSApplication run] + 623
10  acord                               0x000000010df0960e acord + 456206

Binaries:
0x000000000de9a000 /Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/MacOS/acord
0x000000010ef74000 /Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Frameworks/SSZipArchive.framework/Versions/A/SSZipArchive
0x000000010efcd000 /Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/A/Sparkle
0x000000010f089000 /Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Frameworks/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework/Versions/A/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial

Hi,

If you have rebuilt the workspace and it is still not working as expected, you can send us a copy of it and we will take a look at it as time permits. You can find it in the Accordance Files folder in Documents. It will be on the top level and will have a .accord extension.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 12:27 AM, Billy32792 said:

Hi,

If you have rebuilt the workspace and it is still not working as expected, you can send us a copy of it and we will take a look at it as time permits. You can find it in the Accordance Files folder in Documents. It will be on the top level and will have a .accord extension.

Thanks.

Thank you. It still crashes, doesnt matter what workspace im using. However, it crashes a lot lot less than before. The 2022 Reading never ever saves what is in the search field. Example, if today I am reading Psalm 119, 1 Peter 1, Genesis 45 and i only finish half of my reading and close down accordance and then reopen it. The search field will be clear and all the windows will be open to Genesis 1:1. However, the Hebrew and Greek, and sermon prep do not have this issue, and I always have these three open at the same time.

2022 Hebrew and Greek.accord 2022 Reading.accord 2022 Sermon Prep.accord 2022.accord

Edited by Ashadelo