Accordance 14 this year?

Curtis Greenwood

8 hours ago, Joe Weaks said:

I can't recall the last time I encountered a bug of consequence.

For the record, I have not encountered a bug of consequence either. I had one issue at one point with highlighting, but that was it, and as soon as I brought it to the Accordance team, it didn't take long to get fixed. Like I said, I have no issue with the software itself, it is top notch in my mind. 

• Like 3

On 5/25/2022 at 4:40 PM, R. Mansfield said:

We always test. Always have. We never just release something and say, "Hope this works!" We have a number of beta testers, but probably not enough.

Do you actually have enough beta testers on Windows? I have a feeling you have more for Mac (since Accordance was originally Mac-only). I actually would love to help you out on Windows side 😃

Just now, rokas said:

Do you actually have enough beta testers on Windows? I have a feeling you have more for Mac (since Accordance was originally Mac-only). I actually would love to help you out on Windows side 😃

Does any company ever have enough testers? Again, we need folks who will really put the betas (alephs) through the paces and not just want to see new features before everyone else. If you—or anyone else for that matter—is interested, send me a private message. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Today it was confirmed that 14 will come out later this year.

Hopefully (surely?) in time for the SBL annual meeting in November.

40 minutes ago, billman said:

Today it was confirmed that 14 will come out later this year.

Just curious where this was officially revealed?

Good Morning All (at least in Australia) :)

I am a couple of months into using Accordance now and loving it.

1.  Yes Accordance has crashes and yes they are annoying, especially if they take hours to recover from them. I was sending all my crash reports and causes to the Accordance Support team, but apparently only one issue was confirmed. I found this disheartening, that seemingly no genuine concern existed to resolve these crashes. I accept there are bugs, I'd just like confirmation something will eventually be done about them and recording them and looking for a common pattern would be reassuring.

2.   It is warming to hear Accordance confirm they perform testing and look to Beta testers for assistance.  There was a comment to see Agile practices. In my last work project I rushed a software solution out to an audience who misunderstood Agile efforts, and so little testing was done the bugs (as mentioned by others, all software has bugs) caused major concerns. Some developers are across so many projects Agile is not the panacea, and those stretched too far have to rely on others testing. Whatever the Roadmap, resources will be a constraint. That being said, can we capture problems and not dismiss them with cute go to SAFE MODE scripted responses? Reminds me of early versions of Microsoft Windows blue screen of death and their Safe mode to recover. Also, I have never had success with Safe Mode in Accordance.

I sympathise with Accordance Support and Development teams. It is no easy task keeping your customers happy :)

Edited by cweber
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Just curious where this was officially revealed?

From this post:

For two weeks only, users who purchase or upgrade to any of the Accordance 13 collections listed below will receive a FREE UPGRADE to the next version of Accordance when it releases later this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew, you'll find that offer was first announced here I believe:

I appreciate Accordance, notwithstanding those attempting to turn this forum into Facebook for Theologs (God help us).

I use both versions, Windows and the Mac OS version. They adequately serve my purposes (not at all that I don't have criticisms). I also use Logos, which is a fine product. But Accordance on Mac OS is so much faster on a Mac than Logos that I frequently run to it first. Also, much of Logos is so unintuitive and hard to find or figure out, for the sake of speed again, I tend to default to Accordance instead.

I only register here as a testimonial of a frequent user who cannot relate to some of the previous criticisms that seem overstated. On my Mac, Logos crashes perhaps 10 times for any crash on Accordance. This is not an "attempt to justify" shortcoming of Accordance, it is an objective statement of experience. 

The email they sent out said they would be coming...

40 minutes ago, Gene Green said:

Nice deal on v. 14, but no info on the anticipated improvements over v. 13. Anyone, anyone? 

More information on new features will be peeking through as the days go by...

Stay tuned.

• Like 5

Anything I would beta test, I would use it the same way I use an app in my daily use. That way I’m putting the app to work in a “real world” situation.

• Like 1

I'm ready to put the beta through its paces.  Bugs are normal and it's a never-ending process.  So the more we can shake them out before the release, the better.

• Like 1