Accordance 13 doesn't open to last session and won't load saved workspaces.

astonge

I just moved to a new MacBook and have Accordance set to open to my last session but it does not do so. And when I attempt to load a saved workspace, it says that it is unavailable. I've attached a screenshot of the dialog box. Loading the workspace works if I click on it in the application files in Finder.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 10.11.13 AM.png

Library, bottom, +. Add Workspace. May this solves your issue. Do you have migrated the Accordance folder in the documents to the new Mac?

• Like 1

Did you bring over the Accordance Preferences folder and the Accordance Files folder from the previous Mac?

On a Mac there are 4 folders that you will want to copy to an external drive (or Airdrop) and transfer to another Mac (or remove or rename for a clean installation).

1 - The Accordance app (the program itself) located in the Applications folder.

2 - The Accordance folder (which holds your modules and support files) is located in either your Home User library or the Mac HD library:

Go/Home/Library/Application Support/Accordance (If your Home library is hidden, you have to press your option key while you have the ‘Go’ menu open in order to see the hidden ‘Library’ underneath 'Home’ in the ‘Go’ drop down menu).

OR

Go/Computer/Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Accordance 

3 - The Accordance Preferences folder (which contains your individual preferences) located at: Go/Home/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences (If your Home library is hidden, you have to press your option key while you have the ‘Go’ menu open in order to see the hidden ‘Library’ underneath 'Home’ in the ‘Go’ drop down menu).

4 - The Accordance Files folder (which holds your workspaces, highlights, user notes, tools etc.) located in your Documents folder.

*If needed, you can also copy the Go/Home/Library/Caches/com.OakTree.Accordance folder to bring over ‘Autosaved’ files.

• Thanks 1

You can add back user notes, user tools and workspaces by double clicking on them inside the Accordance Files folder.

On a Mac you normally will find your workspaces on the top level of the Accordance Files folder which by default goes to your Documents folder. If you have Desktop and Document Syncing turned on, your Documents folder will be located in iCloud. When you locate your Accordance Files folder you can open it and double click on any ‘.accord’ file (which is a workspace). It should open in Accordance.

For workspaces, after you double click on them, in order to make them permanent, you need to click on the 'Workspaces' icon in the Toolbar   and then  ‘Add’ the workspaces to make them part of your workspaces menu in the ‘Workspaces’ icon in the Toolbar and in the Workspaces section of ‘My Stuff’ at the bottom of the library window.

If you do not follow these steps, the workspace is treated as temporary and will be gone the next time that you open Accordance.

User notes and tools are added back to Accordance simply by double clicking on them inside their Documents > Accordance Files > User Notes (or Tools) folder.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Billy32792 said:

You can add back user notes, user tools and workspaces by double clicking on them inside the Accordance Files folder.

On a Mac you normally will find your workspaces on the top level of the Accordance Files folder which by default goes to your Documents folder. If you have Desktop and Document Syncing turned on, your Documents folder will be located in iCloud. When you locate your Accordance Files folder you can open it and double click on any ‘.accord’ file (which is a workspace). It should open in Accordance.

For workspaces, after you double click on them, in order to make them permanent, you need to click on the 'Workspaces' icon in the Toolbar   and then  ‘Add’ the workspaces to make them part of your workspaces menu in the ‘Workspaces’ icon in the Toolbar and in the Workspaces section of ‘My Stuff’ at the bottom of the library window.

If you do not follow these steps, the workspace is treated as temporary and will be gone the next time that you open Accordance.

User notes and tools are added back to Accordance simply by double clicking on them inside their Documents > Accordance Files > User Notes (or Tools) folder.

Thanks for your help so far. This was a fresh install on a new Mac from the App Store. I previously did not own a Mac and did not attempt to bring anything over from the old PC. I simply downloaded Accordance and installed content in easy install. I manually set my preferences to resume last session and manually created a workspace and saved it. But it doesn't resume the last session nor will it load any workspaces (my custom one nor the 'defaults'). 

I'll just try a fresh install and hope that helps.

8 minutes ago, astonge said:

I'll just try a fresh install and hope that helps.

I guess that doesn't help. As there is no file Accordance can access. You need the file from the PC and bring this to the Mac. But Billy can more help than I.

Edited by Fabian

The Mac App Store version is sandboxed and although it looks the same on the surface it is set up completely different 'under the hood'.

There are some fixes that you cannot even access from the MAS version due to the fact that it is sand boxed. You really may want to consider uninstalling the MAS version and installing our version.

To remove the Mac App Store version, navigate to:

Go/Home/Library/Containers/com.OakTree.MAS.Accordance and delete the ‘com.OakTree.MAS.Accordance’ folder (in Mac OS X 10.7 and up, you may have to press your option key while you have the ‘Go’ menu open in order to see the hidden ‘Library’ underneath 'Home’ in the ‘Go’ drop down menu).

Also, if you have Accordance 10.4.6 or later installed, then you will need to check the ‘Group Containers’ folder for another folder, RVS387QN32.com.OakTree.MAS.Accordance and delete it as well.

If these folders are not present, please move to the next step.

You will also need to remove any Accordance ‘app' or ‘folder' from your Applications folder.

Then do a clean installation of our version from:

http://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-Installers/

17 hours ago, Billy32792 said:

This is so helpful, thank you! Similar to astonge I was having a similar confusion, not realising why a few workspaces I created on my work Mac didn't 'save' automatically on my home MacBook.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the problem that Accordance does open to what I was doing when I tell it not to do it.  I wish Accordance would just start up from scratch & not be displaying preliminary screens, which just wastes my time.