Hbrew and greek display issue

Monika Gadek

Hi,

so the problem is than neither hebrew nor greek text displays correctly on Android. All I have are some strange signs instead of greek/hebrew font.

Here is a screenshot. Any ideas?

Monika

Screenshot_20220518-094428.jpg

Screenshot_20220518-094447.jpg

I've never seen that. Any chance you edited your system fonts recently? If quitting the Accordance program and restarting your phone doesn't help, I'd recommend reinstalling Accordance. Before you go the reinstall route, perhaps someone in @Tech Support has seen this before and can comment.

I've already reinstalled Accordance before and it didn't help. Also I don't remember making any system modifications. But, maybe I'll try restoring default system settings anyway. 

---Edit:

Ok, so restoring settings also didn't help.

Before I reset my phone, @Tech Support please have a look here. 

Edited by Monika Gadek

9 hours ago, Monika Gadek said:

Before I reset my phone, @Tech Support please have a look here. 

I personally would not recommend resetting your phone. I don't know for certain that would help, and would end up only being a lot of extra work for you.

If @Tech Support doesn't see this discussion soon, try contacting them at 1 (407) 339-0266, techsupport@accordancebible.com or chat during business hours.

I have never seen this on an Android phone running Accordance before. The Greek and Hebrew font doesn't appear to be available to Accordance. Is it available to any other app on your Android? This probably isn't something that originated in Accordance. We did see this on an iPhone once before and it turned out to be that the user had added an extra font app to the iPhone and caused the issue themselves. Have you added any fonts or font apps to the Android around the time that this issue started? If so, you may want to check the settings or consider removing the fonts or font app long enough to see if it was the cause.

Here are a few things you can try: 

1. Open your device's Settings app (http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/AndroidMobile/Advanced/Content/Images/settings.png).
  2. Tap Apps & notifications.
  3. Tap the Accordance app icon. (You may need to scroll to find the app).
  4. Tap Storage and tap Clear Cache. This clears any corrupted module data, but leaves your modules intact.

If this doesn't help, 

Note: The following steps will delete all files, settings, and accounts in Accordance

After completing the last step you may need to delete the Accordance application and re-install. To delete Accordance:
  1. Open your device's Settings app (http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/AndroidMobile/Advanced/Content/Images/settings.png).
  2. Tap Apps & notifications.
  3. Tap the Accordance app icon. (You may need to scroll to find the app).
  4. Tap Uninstall. Accordance is uninstalled. You will need to download Accordance from the App Store and reinstall all your modules.

Hopefully one of these suggestions will help.