??????????????

Is this NOT possible to search in the new Forum for 

Autor "Fabian"

Thread "Bug Swatters Mac"

Query "Hebrew"???????

the old software was not able to search for 3 character words like "BHS". this is now possible. But in my opinion it has lost some search filters. thats not really better!!!!!!

I'm not a customer of the Forum software. As I had made a request they blocked me.

SO YOU HAVE TO DO IT. BUT DO IT!!!

And I had other request which are lost in space too which bother me. Why I spend my time to make request if they are thrown away.

As contributors, should we be using tags more when we create a topic? Something im guilty of not doing but relying on the forum discussion (?) im creating the topic (thread?) in. Ive noticed some posters are very good at this and its something i should probably also start using.

I just had a quick look at the search parameters and on the previous forum relied on searching either the whole forum or this discussion (?) option but that option isnt here but there does seem to be more options to filter the search criteria and tags may be what is required. 🤔

F649ADFE-4127-4B80-8CAB-DF510A63F530.png

0C631D94-F205-49A8-B686-D3FF53091253.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Yes, I have seen it is able to search for tags and the author at the same time. But not the thread and the author.

In the old forum you was able to go to the forum (singular) and then make the search. It was automatic related to this forum.

What is also missing is the search from the 920411268_Bildschirmfoto2022-05-17um09_35_57.png.e876e3c81294b966de665f6d9f8e432a.png.

I was sometimes happy to go to the  "My Attachments" as I had known which attachment I had make.

But honestly "My Posts" should be there too. I know they are now on another place. But I would love to go from here too. As it was the old way.

4 minutes ago, Fabian said:

In the old forum you was able to go to the forum (singular) and then make the search. It was automatic related to this forum.

Yes, i miss this as found it very useful in limiting the search to just the new modules discussion.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fabian said:

@R. Mansfield

What you wanna do to solve this problem about the missing filters?

What I want to do and what I can do are two different things. I can't control the features of the forum software, which comes from a 3rd party. However, I can look into the issue and will.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

What I want to do and what I can do are two different things. I can't control the features of the forum software, which comes from a 3rd party. However, I can look into the issue and will.

I'm sure you can make a feature request to this software developer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it is possible an automatic Tag is set from the Forum. For example: I make a Feature Request the Tag "Feature Request" is automatic set. Same with the other Forums.