Please Unify the Apostrophes (and Related Quotation Marks) Where it makes Sense and Support Others.

Fabian

Hello

I just wanted to compare the Louis Second 1910 (LSG) and the Segond 21 (SEG21).

2117037501_Bildschirmfoto2022-05-16um14_57_23.thumb.png.1a1e66df82c074d5d6991db9a3546aa6.png

Unfortunately they use a different style of Apostrtophe. 

779655134_Bildschirmfoto2022-05-16um14_56_04.thumb.png.91cf8e0f6ea2ddab134b7b41ab3a3d6e.png

I would love if the Apostrophes are the same where it makes sense. For example all MacOS Roman Bibles. Some unicode Bibles. 

Same if there are curly and straight quotation marks. Not if they use the French or another one to make them to the English. Only if there are straight German or English to curly ones.

On the other hand I would love to see support for the punctuation of foreign languages. I requested this before. For example the Armenian font uses another punctuation and this is not  supported in Accordance. For example the features search in clause, Construct window 749452196_Bildschirmfoto2022-05-16um15_07_48.png.4a6f110f5886e5c4d7b0ddc0a29ea3c7.png

doesn't support the Armenian, Chinese, Japanese punctuation.

In short. Unify where it makes sense. But support where a language uses totally different punctuation. 

I hope this comes before Accordance 20, XX or twenty. I have no clue how it will be called, but I know this should come before.

Thanks

Fabian

I would think a simple script could fix this kind of thing.

11 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

I would think a simple script could fix this kind of thing.

Yes, for the first part of the post above. 

For the second, maybe if there could be added a script which let the punctuation of the different unicode languages be working in Accordance. Maybe there is a distinguish in the unicode characters, between the punctuation and the rest. And if they are in a separate group then this would be easy.

But it has to be done!

My requests are not always huge. But they had to be done to bring Accordance further. 

Edited by Fabian