Translation specific highlight

Mr Troy

How can I do highlighting or some form of notation in only one Bible translation without affecting all other translations?

I'm pretty sure highlighting is translation specific. It only appears in the version you highlight.

Notation connects to verses, so it goes across all versions with the same book chapter:verse.

BUT

You can create separate notation files.

image.png.d35d79304330cba18c883ed159187f4d.png

The icon will still appear in the margin, but you can at least have different note files for different functions. This is also a good idea to keep your note files from getting too large which makes it clumsier to export them. Further, it's good to create separate note files for non-biblical texts.

I have tested v.13.3.2 and both highlights and notes appear across all translations with no setting to make them translation specific.

Yes, the notes attach to verses and will appear in any translation.

But the highlights cannot cross translations. If you found a way to make that happen, I would be interested. E.g., I have a highlight file for the NRSV that shows which Herod is which, but it does not show up in any other translation.

I have a Greek morphology highlight file, but it only works for the NA28 Greek text I set it up in. It would be great if I could have it apply to any Greek version.

A merge may solve your issue. As a Mac user mine may be a default that cant change. Guess I will contact support@accordance for a reply.

On 5/12/2022 at 9:20 AM, mgvh said:

But the highlights cannot cross translations. If you found a way to make that happen, I would be interested.

I just found out how to highlight either in one translation or all. If you highlight just the text portion of a verse and not include the space before or after the verse number it will only be for that translation. If you select more than one verse or the space before or after the verse number it will highlight all translations. I would change one of the entries in your NRSV highlight file and see. Ryan answered this for me in support. I use a Mac and this ability may only be for a Mac. Let me know what you find in the Windows world 🙂

@Mr Troy:Ah, that makes sense, since you are able to connect the highlight with a verse (which is consistent across versions) rather than a word.

I did just check in Windows, though, and highlighting a passage reference does not copy across to other versions.

Thanks for the update!

On 5/17/2022 at 4:15 PM, mgvh said:

I did just check in Windows, though, and highlighting a passage reference does not copy across to other versions.

Free your software and come to the dark side of the force.

• Haha 1