Highlighted Text

Clint Cozier

I would like to make a handout of Matt 1:2-17 that highlights all the feminine nouns and articles. I note that I cannot search for tags in either the NRSV or the ESV, searching for nouns and articles that are feminine seems to be the distinct domain of my greek texts. First, how do I do that particular search in English, and then how can I export the text with the hits highlighted?

I know I can do this by hand, but it seems to me that there must be an efficient way to print a passage with applied highlighting.  Thanks.

Here is how I would do it — using the text command (in search menu) in your English translation, choose your Greek text and insert tags in the search box for nouns, feminine [Noun Feminine] - add a range command for Mark 1.2-17 [Range Mk 1.2-17]. Hit enter and all feminine nouns will be chosen.  Now right click on one of hits and select highlight all hits,  pick the highlight color and press enter.  Now all feminine nouns  will be highlighted. — the search window in your English translation should look like this - [GNT28-T [Noun feminine] [Range Mk 1.2-17]. If you change the word noun to article it will search for all feminine articles - [GNT28-T [Article Feminine] [Range Mk 1.2-17]. Right click one of the hits, choose highlight  all hits and then choose the highlight color you want.  This will highlight your feminine  articles.  Then change to verses in the search box to show Mk 1.2-17 with its high lit text and print; 

• Like 1

Thanks for the help!