No reviews allowed or available at accordancebible.com ?? Why not ??

Accordance Enthusiast

I'm wanting to read reviews by other accordance users but when I click on the "reviews and endorsements" page it gives 404 error.

image.thumb.png.cbd005513d7890c1fba109aa79e7772b.png

This has been the case for weeks if not months.

I'm afraid that this is because Accordance does not want to have reviews and do not want people to expose the many bugs that currently bother them.

Accordance only shows the best three reviews which they choose, so we should think there are no bugs or problems with Accordance 13.

If I am wrong, please get the reviews webpage up and going so we can see the reviews by everyone.

My review would be about 3 out of 5. But if you correct the about 20 bugs I have reported via email and forums and update the tagged modules that are extremely outdated I could give you 4.5 out of 5.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anonymous said:

I'm afraid that this is because Accordance does not want to have reviews and do not want people to expose the many bugs that currently bother them.

Accordance only shows the best three reviews which they choose, so we should think there are no bugs or problems with Accordance 13.

If I am wrong, please get the reviews webpage up and going so we can see the reviews by everyone.

My review would be about 3 out of 5. But if you correct the about 20 bugs I have reported via email and forums and update the tagged modules that are extremely outdated I could give you 4.5 out of 5.

If you are always negative with your comments it might come over better with a name other than 'Anonymous'... I agree that  v.13 seems to have had more bugs than previous versions but the Accordance team are amongst the most open and approachable of any software company I have ever come across and I really think your second sentence "I'm afraid that this is because Accordance does not want to have reviews and do not want people to expose the many bugs that currently bother them." is unfair and over the top

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Agreed!

• Like 1

You can find a number of reviews in the App Store if that is what you are looking for

13 hours ago, Anonymous said:

I'm wanting to read reviews by other accordance users but when I click on the "reviews and endorsements" page it gives 404 error.

image.thumb.png.cbd005513d7890c1fba109aa79e7772b.png

Unfortunately since the change to the new website the old bugs are not fixed. Only new has came.

13 hours ago, Anonymous said:

I really hope after the release of 14 and the modules for it, Accordance invest time to fix the bugs and make the corrections to the modules. I can understand this is in the current process secondary, but I think this should be primary after the releases.

• Like 1

There's no big conspiracy here. The page is out of date, and it looks like someone unpublished it without removing the link at the bottom. I've temporarily turned it back on if you want to see it 🙂 

• Like 1

Hi there, I can't find the reviews and endorsements page now, hoping you could get it back on for everyone to give a rating.

I am looking forward to version 14!

Rick hit the nail on the head, and I'll add some additional elaborations...

If everyone notices, Accordance recently did a major overhaul to the Accordance website. It has a new look and really streamlined some stuff. In fact, we all had to reset our Accordance passwords so we could login to the new site.

During the Accordance website overhaul, there's likely a handful of old pages (reviews being one) that didn't get updated (yet) and needed to be temporarily taken down so they can be refreshed, and in the process, a broken link here or there was overlooked (it happens to everyone, I used to build websites for a living, and keeping up with link changes is always a pain).

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with complaints, bugs with Accordance 13, etc. Overall, I've enjoyed Accordance 13. Every app has occasional bugs, but I've still found Accordance (even version 13) to be overall more reliable than some of Accordance's competitors (who try to "code first, resolve bugs later" in a rush to add new features).

When a major website overhaul of the magnitude Accordance needed to do took place, there were bound to temporarily be some old pages pulled until they're updated, and bound to be a broken link here or there.

Politely requesting what happened to the links without believing the apocalypse is near (or at least a software apocalypse) would be the most useful path to getting results.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Hi there, I can't find the reviews and endorsements page now, hoping you could get it back on for everyone to give a rating.

It was never a page for customers to leave reviews. It was a page where we linked external reviews from blogs and such. But as I said it was out of date. I mentioned it to another employee and he replaced it with an endorsements page link.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

It was never a page for customers to leave reviews. It was a page where we linked external reviews from blogs and such. But as I said it was out of date. I mentioned it to another employee and he replaced it with an endorsements page link.

OK, I see. 

Could you add a page where any verified user could rate Accordance and point out the pros and cons?

Shalom

7 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Could you add a page where any verified user could rate Accordance and point out the pros and cons

I appreciate that accordance comes in lots of packages but as you cant buy accordance outside one of its packages, even a basic one, why not choose the package you've got and leave your review there? That will put it in context with the resources you are using it with. You can leave reviews on the different pages for all items in the store which is helpful when trying to decide if to purchase, especially when on offer. 

ps, im not sure if the verified buyer is switched on at the moment, it was initially. Just be aware that unlike the previous web site, you cant go back and edit your reviews once published now which i think is a great shame. 

https://accordancebible.com/product/basic-starter-collection-accordance-13/

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ukfraser said:

Just be aware that unlike the previous web site, you cant go back and edit your reviews once published now which i think is a great shame. 

If you ever needed a review edited, you could message me, and I could change it for you.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

If you ever needed a review edited,

Accordance never posted my reviews of multiple modules and bundles. 

They don't like that fact that I pointed out the flaws, even though they acknowledged that these bugs do exist.

I was not very negative, and firstly stated that generally the resources were good.

Still the blocked the reviews because the did not like them.

5 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Still the blocked the reviews because the did not like them.

I have all faith that the Accordance team would not block your reviews because they did not like them. They are a gracious and generous team.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tim Hall said:

I have all faith that the Accordance team would not block your reviews because they did not like them. They are a gracious and generous team.

No, I have posted about 6 reviews more than a month ago and they still say "waiting for approval"

Well, maybe they just need to switch them on?

24 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

No, I have posted about 6 reviews more than a month ago and they still say "waiting for approval"

Interesting, I haven't got such a message.

25 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Well, maybe they just need to switch them on?

Yes, I think so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fabian said:

Interesting, I haven't got such a message.

Same here, every review i have posted has just appeared, never had a message.

Clutching at straws but were you logged in at the time?

as to blocking, i agree with tim that accordance staff dont do that. On the previous web site i came across a suspect review which had been published and i had to report it to get it removed (it was nothing to do with a resource and about someone trying to hook up with someone).

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 3

accordance staff dont do that

Very rarely.

Clutching at straws but were you logged in at the time?

Oh, yes I forgot. Once I made a review and was lot logged in. The content got lost. May Accordance should have a workaround to prevent that. 

I assure everyone there's no conspiracy to squelch critical reviews (although we always hope for constructive criticism). Here are the current stats for the reviews on our site:

image.png

The "All" number is the total of Approved + Pending. But what I really want you to look at is the number of reviews that we (usually "I") have designated as spam. Yep: 7,642 reviews in the last two years. And let me tell you that the content of the spam reviews represents the worst of the worst of humanity--no exaggeration. And I have to at least glance at them to designate them as spam. I can block IP addresses, but the spammers can change these very easily. 

So, all of you who wrote reviews that haven't shown up yet, well, blame me, because I admit that approving reviews is not a priority of my day. I have been going through them a bit at a time lately. The pending number was much higher a few days ago. But I can only take so much at once. 

• Like 6

Okay, all pending reviews have been processed. I'm glad I'm going to church tonight after wading through all the spam. If you wrote a legitimate review and don't see it on the product page, it might've accidentally got sent to the spam folder. If you wrote your review in Russian, that definitely happened.

In all seriousness, if you don't see a review you know you posted, direct message me with the product you reviewed as well as what user name that you posted it under. I will search for your content and attempt to resurrect it from the spam pile.

image.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

And let me tell you that the content of the spam reviews represents the worst of the worst of humanity--no exaggeration.

Poor you

🤪

be nice to see more than 162 genuine reviews

🤔

Edited by ukfraser

6 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

In all seriousness, if you don't see a review you know you posted, direct message me with the product you reviewed as well as what user name that you posted it under. I will search for your content and attempt to resurrect it from the spam pile.

Thank you I'll check and let you know.

Thank you for processing...

Maybe next time you should skip the spam reviews....

1 hour ago, Anonymous said:

Maybe next time you should skip the spam reviews....

My understanding from reading the thread is that spam reviews must be designated as such, manually, so there is no automated spam filter or anything like that. Rick has to read all the reviews to determine which ones are spam. Thus, I don't think there is any way to just skip the spam reviews. 

• Like 1