ANET question

Kristin

A lot of my resources mention ANET (Ancient Near Eastern Texts Relating to the Old Testament), but it does not appear to be something Accordance has. My understanding is that there are a few resources that cover aspects of ANET, but there is not an ANET equivalent resource in Accordance which would link to ANET references in other modules. Is this correct?

• Like 1

Context of Scripture has many of the same texts. As mentioned recently on another thread, there’s a CoS-ANET concordance online, which shows corresponding page numbers, and has lists of texts that are in one but not in the other. The concordance only covers the first three volumes of CoS, so some missing texts could be in volume 4.

Edited by jlm
Added link to module
  • Like 3

There is also a marvellous (though overlooked I suspect) book/module called Ancient Texts for the study of the Hebrew Bible which acts as a sort of annotated index to both COS, ANET and a number of scholarly journals - all the links given to COS work and this is possibly a better way with approaching COS. I do wish though that Accordance had ANET (the 'competitor' does) - COS doesn't render it superfluous to the extent I ended up buying ANET (and the supplementary illustration volume)

1490776987_Screenshot2022-05-08at12_11_46.thumb.png.a275d928b9b53b904d52daa45486df37.png

• Like 4

@jlm and @Leopold Green, thanks for the links and clarification. That is good to know that COS is sort of a substitute. I think my main concern is that I feel it might be sort of a convoluted process looking things up when a resource mentions ANET, as I suspect that even if I did have COS, the ANET refs would still not be hyperlinked to the COS equivalents.  COS on its own looks like a very valuable resource on its own though, so I need to give this some thought comparing it to the other ancient sources I have.

• Like 1