Text Search Options (Words/Verses) works opposite my selection

Max Carlton

Under Accordance for iOS Settings: Text Defaults: Search Options: Search Mode, my selection (Words or Verses) produces the opposite effect when I try to search a text.

For example, if I select Words as the Search Option, when I return to my text after starting a new view, tap the Search icon, the Search Method shows that Verses is selected. If I go back to Settings and select Verses as the Search Option, when I return to my text after starting a new view, tap the Search icon, the Search Method shows that Words is selected. This is consistent when I try different texts.

In the image below, I have selected Words and None. When I start a new view with a Text, tap the Search icon, Verses is shown as the Search Method.

The same behavior occurs on all 3 of my iOS devices. iOS 15.4.1, Accordance for iOS 3.3.0.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Thanks!

IMG_0036.thumb.jpg.cd8dfe894b81553f2547d26becb93796.jpgIMG_0195.thumb.jpg.b28f07443fd439801834112db5496db7.jpg

Edited by Max Carlton
Inserted additional image

Hi @Max Carlton, it might be a bug, or maybe "highlighted" is what is gray. I am not sure. What happens if you type a word and press enter? I know on the computer version if it is set to verses that it will still bring up a word if I type it.

37 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I know on the computer version if it is set to verses that it will still bring up a word if I type it.

This is a bug I reported but it is still not fixed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

What happens if you type a word and press enter? I know on the computer version if it is set to verses that it will still bring up a word if I type it.

The mobile version is designed the same as the desktop in this regard. That is, if you have verses selected, but type a word, it will perform a word search. But if verses is selected and you type, for example, Romans, it will bring up the book of Romans.

Sounds like this may be a known bug.

I had forgotten this setting is reversed, i have it set to verses so in the search bar it shows as words but when i enter a verse, it gives me the verse and when i look at my history, its shows it treated it like a verse so ive never really worried about it, and if you are worried, you can always click on it after you have entered the text for searching before you run the search as it gives you more options.

5116B8BA-D12B-4E5A-A028-0DBBEF5696F6.jpeg

B52144C2-D751-4174-9BE3-C27E8D98D869.jpeg