Pseudepigrapha module question

Kristin

On Rev 13:16 the Jewish Ann NT placed Ascen. Isa. 10.23–31 and Apoc. El. 1.9–12 as hyperlinks. If I click on them they both bring me to the website saying I need to install the Pseudepigrapha at https://accordancebible.com/product/old-testament-pseudepigrapha-2-volumes-charlesworth/.

However, I already own both the Greek and English Pseudepigrapha by Evans. Should I be able to find Ascen. Isa. 10.23–31 and Apoc. El. 1.9–12 in Evans? I tried putting the verses in Evans and it did not recognize it. Or do I need the Charlesworth version? I am getting confused what the difference is.

Thanks,

Kristin

I have Charlesworth, Charles and Evans. I tried opening the latter two in parallel to those those passages in Charlesworth, and they are not found. So if you want to see those particular texts in Accordance, you would need Charlesworth.

• Like 1

In general, Evans only has texts that are preserved in Greek. If a text is translated from Syriac, Ethiopic, Armenian, etc., it’s not included. If we have no Greek for some parts of a text, those parts are not included. So while Evans is great for looking at the original Greek (or the translation into Greek), it’s much less complete than Charlesworth. The latter also has valuable introductions and notes.

• Like 3