Copying Multiple Bible Versions

mhanel

I find it best to open these links in Safari on my Mac. Other browsers I have used (chrome) have also given me the result you had.

I got it into Shortcuts but I'm not nearly as smart as you or my computer.  It seems to run (text edit app opens) but that's it. The script seems to indicate it'll ask for input but it doesn't on my computer.

Larry,

I adjusted the Shortcut to use a more global call for the dialog box which should keep it from being hidden. Use this Shortcut and lemme know.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/76ead11b58e841d4ae695e6290a7fff5

Thank you. Very nice. Only minor thing is that just before the rtf opens with all the verses a blank TextEdit opens and then the second one with the verses over the top.

4 hours ago, Larry Wing said:

Thank you. Very nice. Only minor thing is that just before the rtf opens with all the verses a blank TextEdit opens and then the second one with the verses over the top.

That's me being lazy. :) 

I could include code to check of Text Edit already has a document open (from either auto-creating one or one that was already in use), check to see if that document is blank or not, and use it if it is blank. But, I didn't. 

The code also adds the contents to the clipboard, so if you just want it to appear on the clipboard, you can actually delete these lines towards the bottom in the shortcut:

tell application "TextEdit"
    activate
    set textDoc to make new document at the front
    set the text of textDoc to textResult
end tell

and just leave the line about setting the clipboard.