a few unusual Notes questions

Kristin

I have two note questions. The first of which is sort of an unusual question, but I am trying to figure out how many notes I have in each book. If I open my note to a new tab it says  “ESV with Strong’s (5445 notes)”. But I don't know how many notes are in each book. I assume most of them are in Genesis, but is there a way to know specifically? I am trying to separate my notes into smaller note files and want to attack this project as productively as possible.

Second, the "ESV" caught my attention as I also have Notes in the NIV and Schlachter. I know I can find those notes by opening those bibles, but my concern is that I have notes in other bibles I am not thinking about. Is there a way to track down those notes?

ps - I know I posted about this on another thread, but does anyone know how to make sure text pasted a spreadsheet does not paste with one word in one cell? I thought this was a numbers issue, as it "sometimes" pastes my notes one cell at a time, which takes forever, but workable, but then "sometimes" it pastes my notes one word at a time, which is not workable. I thought this was a Mac issue, but my mom has a Chromebook and said she has experienced this also on on whatever the Google spreadsheet is, so I think it is user error somehow. Thanks.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

Sincerely,

Kristin

2 hours ago, Kristin said:

Second, the "ESV" caught my attention as I also have Notes in the NIV and Schlachter. I know I can find those notes by opening those bibles, but my concern is that I have notes in other bibles I am not thinking about. Is there a way to track down those notes?

Hi Kristen. I don't know about your other questions, but concerning Bible notes, they are not version-specific. So if you make a note in NIV and then go to Schlachter or another version, you should be able to find that same note. I would imagine that the only exceptions to that would be in connection with books that may not be included in some versions (i.e., apocryphal/deuterocanonical).

If I'm not mistaken, all Bible notes are saved to one file that is accessible in all versions. 

• Like 1

@Kristin 

The question is how your notes are organized? Do you have for each Bible version a own Notes or all in one?

Hi @Donald Cobb, Thank you for the clarification, and I am relieved to hear this. :)

Hi @Fabian, that is a good point, and I am organizing my notes based on verses, not versions. So regardless of the version I would type it in the same note. I finally needed to split non-biblical books, and eventually even split the biblical books, simply since my note file started getting out of control, but the note in question I am trying to organize is based on the verses. (It is technically linked to non-biblical books too, but I am trying to attack one issue at a time).

On 4/25/2022 at 9:43 PM, Kristin said:

I have two note questions. The first of which is sort of an unusual question, but I am trying to figure out how many notes I have in each book. If I open my note to a new tab it says  “ESV with Strong’s (5445 notes)”. But I don't know how many notes are in each book. I assume most of them are in Genesis, but is there a way to know specifically? I am trying to separate my notes into smaller note files and want to attack this project as productively as possible.

Just enter the book name in the search field of the User Notes tab.

Reference: Genesis

It tells you the count for that book only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much, @Darin Franklin, this helps a lot. :) It is still a tremendous amount of information, and I have multiple "notes" for each note reference, but this gives me a perspective of the shape of the animal I am working with.

Take care,

Kristin