Accordance Migration Activation

Michel Gilbert

Hi,

I have never used Migration Assistant. Does anyone know if I would be able to migrate Accordance to a new Mac without having to activate it again? 

I dread the too many activations message. I just got a new iPad and did a clean install of Monterey on my desktop to see if it would speed things up until I get a new mini or Studio, so a new activation would make three is a short time period. Besides, I want to install Accordance in a Windows 11 ARM VM. I’m not sure if it will work, but I hope it does so I can have two instances of Accordance running on two monitors. I assume that won’t break the license agreement as long as I only have five installs, including the one in the VM if it works.

Thanks.

Michel

I have used Migration Assistant a number of times. Most of the time it has worked 🙂 

You will probably have to log into Accordance fresh on your new machine. We no longer have a 5 device limit. But there is some magic number (the exactness of which I don't recall) that will trigger your getting in touch with Accordance HQ to get reset and to make certain an Accordance license is not being passed around like Netflix passwords.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1