Create links for User Notes

Kevin Sanders

I really want links in my user notes and user tools to link to other places in the user notes (so that a “see my note here”  link could bring that note up in Instant Details).  It seems like I can almost do it.  When I create a web URL link in my user tool like this:  accord://read/Kevin's_Notes?Mark%2015:38

it actually brings up a tab containing my note on Mark 15:38, but it also pops up a message, “The entry 'Mark 15:38' cannot be found”.  And when I sync the user tool from my Mac over to my iPad, nothing at all happens when I click that link.  So I would like a supported means to create links to individual user notes and to place those links in User Tools and elsewhere in my User Notes.

• Like 8

Links for notes would be very useful to me, especially if they were supported on the Share… menu item on iOS.

• Like 2

I agree this would be a helpful feature.

• Like 3

Yes, Yes indeed!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes please. I came here looking for this.

• Like 1

I hope in the future Notes will also show up in Research like Tools do. I understand that is not possible at the moment, but it would be really helpful if it can be added in the future. :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

+1  I would really like to be able to create links to different places in Accordance from within my notes.

• 4 weeks later...

I also would love to use internal links with user tools, as follows:

"When a specific fact is obtained from another source, a superscript number can be found within the body of the text. The corresponding comment or information will be found at the foot of the page"

You can copy a location in Accordance as a "Accordance URL" and copy that link into your notes. Then with your  notes open, you can click from place to place with different "Accordance URL" links.  It's under the right click, save as, Accordance URL

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX13/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/using_links_common_tasks.htm?Highlight=accordance URL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dan, I tested multiple combinations and none work for the purpose of linking references within the same Tool.

image.png.d55b06bebc6122acbbe2c3bf478a83cf.png

• 2 weeks later...

+1 This would be very helpful---especially for user tools, as formatting books into user tools can already be extremely tedious work.