Can I do two different searches at the same time on the same text, with different highlight color results?

TYA

When teaching I like doing tagged searches in the BHS for, say, 3rd fem. sing. pronominal suffixes.  All the results are highlighted in red.  Can I simultaneously do a second search criteria on the same text--3rd. masc. sing. pronominal suffixes, and have them highlighted (or colored) in blue, thus having both redded and blued results displaying for students?

Thanks

Not simultaneously, but it you higlight all the hits (say) red, you can then do another search and highlight those hits (say) blue... it's only an extra 3 steps but may not be what you are ideally wanting.

I can do a little video if you would like.

Edited by Ken Simpson

I can do a little video if you would like.

Well, that would be great, if you don't mind.  I'd really appreciate it, Ken.

Hope this makes sense. You highlight all the hits using the shift key when you press the highlight colour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ken, thanks so much.  This is indeed an ingenious workaround, and far better than having no options whatsoever.  I do want to point out that the results I get are somewhat "messy" or inaccurate as shown here, as the highlighting isn't precise.  This greatly reduces the value or potential for this workaround, unless I'm doing something terribly wrong.  Thanks again for the demonstration, and taking the time to make the video.  Ideally, I'd love the ability to combine searches, using Accordance's terrific search results (in multiple colors).  I may give the workaround a try for now.  Thanks again.image.thumb.jpeg.bc32496ce842f79c96f5aacba9a3538b.jpeg 

Edited by TYA

Hi TYA, it's interesting that my highlighting (except for an added sof pasuch at one point) is quite accurate

What version of the text and software are you using?

1481523057_ScreenShot2022-04-11at09_50_32.thumb.png.d76f5282364569d79c7136359d685027.png

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1

Accordance V. 13.3.2 and Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebraica) Tagged v. 2.2

I tried a new search with this workaround, and I still get the same "messy" / inaccurate results.

Thanks Ken.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

Hi TYA, I can reproduce this "messiness" using 13.3.2.

The development version of 13.3.3 that I also use seems to have fixed this problem.

Hopefully it will come out soon for you.

• Like 2

Great.  Thanks so much.  That was really kind of you to make the video for me.

On 4/17/2022 at 1:58 PM, TYA said:

Great.  Thanks so much.  That was really kind of you to make the video for me.

My pleasure. Always happy to help when I know what I’m doing. (Admittedly not as often as I wish!)

• Like 1